SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    In honor of Christmas.....or what can you carry with the right equipment?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In honor of Christmas.....or what can you carry with the right equipment? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So for Christmas I was very blessed to receive a good holster for my Beretta 92A1. I had wanted a decent holster for my 92A1 for a while now to see how feasible it was to carry a big honkin’ Hog leg so to speak.

So in honor of Christmas and my new holster and John McClain and Martin Riggs, I strapped on a fully loaded Beretta 92 with 18 rounds of HST today. I wore it owb with my new leather and a good belt for 10 hours today through various activities and it carried AWESOME. I of course had a proper cover garment (sweatshirt) on and a very good belt but with the new holster it carried as nicely as guns half its bulk.

Anyhoo I just thought I would put out there that with a good sweatshirt, sweater or untucked button down one can carry a big ass pistola fairly easy even OWB.

The biggest issue with the Beretta was the slide length honestly. I was shocked at how well and how comfortable she carried.

Am I saying ditch your Glock 19 or 26 etc. ..... of course not. I am just saying with the right gear a big ass blaster is not all that difficult to conceal carry. The hugs can be tough but they are tough with anything. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Anyhoo I just thought I would put out there that with a good sweatshirt, sweater or untucked button down one can carry a big ass pistola fairly easy even OWB.

Can even be carried OWB without a cover garment. Wink

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well, shit, that’s what the rifles are for Wink

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
“In honor of John McClain and Martin Riggs”

You got a used belt and a roll of duct tape? Smile

Just kidding. Good for you. I’ve successfully carried a G20 IWB with a proper holster and belt. That was in my slimmer years, though....

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my Beretta 96D in a Kramer IWB cowhide holster, FIST convertible IWB/OWB holster, which I wear 50/50 and a Galco paddle holster (least used as I'm not a fan of paddle holsters) depending on how, what,were is what holster.

I don't carry the Beretta 96D often, as it's only 10+1 so it's large for it's capacity, but I shoot it well and it is accurate and reliable.

I never found it to be uncomfortable or hard to conceal, but I mostly carry full sized pistols anyway with the Glock 22 being my number one carry gun, with the Glock 17 and SIG P220 tied at number two.

I have smaller pistols, but I don't have any problems packing the larger pistols and I find operating the larger pistols easier.

As I said, I don't carry the Beretta 96D much because of the low capacity for size, heck my Glock 27 has one less round! But the Beretta 92/96 are great pistols.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry and conceal by 92F pretty regularly. I also carry my LB 1911. I'm 5'8", 175 lbs...not a big guy by any means.

I've carried both OWB and IWB, and with the Beretta I definitely prefer OWB (It's more comfortable, and it's how we carried them concealed overseas so I've had more practice using and drawing from that method).

I always carry the 92F this time of year...it just seems appropriate Big Grin

(Random side note, my 92F was manufactured in '88, and it's held up just as well as Die Hard IMO)

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What holster did you get?

Good 92A1 holsters have been harder to find than M9A1 ones.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good belt and holster goes a long ways in carrying a full size pistol.
I routinely carry my 229 OWB and while not a Beretta 92, it's still a heavier pistol.
Armour belt and a nice leather holster do the trick. Pair those with a winter coat and no one can tell.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
What holster did you get?

Good 92A1 holsters have been harder to find than M9A1 ones.

Hear, hear. Don't leave us in suspense. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For many years I carried a 4 inch Model 29. The hardest thing to conceal for it was the damn speedloader pouch. Sometimes I would just toss the speedloader into my pocket.
People would look at me really strangely in the grocery store!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am trying out an MTR custom OWB snap holstered. So far I am very happy with it. It won’t see a ton of use but I am going to give it some use to see if I want a couple others. So far I am favorably impressed. Turn around was about a month per my wife.

My only “complaint” if you will is the one way snaps are pretty tough but will loosen up over time.

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
When I first started carrying in FL back in the early '90's, I carried my Ruger P89DC OWB in a Galco Fletch pancake holster under a denim vest or denim over-shirt. At the time I was still active duty so about 215 lbs @ 6'2 1/2". Now that I've been retired from USAF for 11 years, I'm up to 315 lbs Eek but now I mostly carry my M11-A1 in a CTAC Infidel IWB. I still have the P89 and the Fletch. (Among a few others, of course...)

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still carry my P226 lots. Went to Church Christmas eve with it, loaded with a flush fit MecGar 18 round mag and another 18rd spare.

M92 is just a bit bigger, I agree the slide length is a bit much.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
For many years I carried a 4 inch Model 29. The hardest thing to conceal for it was the damn speedloader pouch. Sometimes I would just toss the speedloader into my pocket.
People would look at me really strangely in the grocery store!

Yup my M29 MG carries great thanks to Rgrizzle.....reloads...not so much, the speed strip pouch works but I always end up with a moon clip or speedloader in a pocket

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the toughest part of cc a larger weapon is definitely slide/bbl length and find it easier to do iwb, which is my preferred method. Gunner's Alley carries the MTR line although I haven't used them but I am on their mailing list.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying a P320 X-Carry in an Aliengear IWB holster. I couldn't pull it off if it was just t-shirt weather but it's easy this time of year.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last couple of IWB holsters, I ordered from Black Rhino Concealment. Most comfortable holsters. The company is veteran owned and veteran workers.

I have been where you fear to be
I have seen what you fear to see
I have done what you fear to do
All these things I have done for you.

Posts: 16 | Location: Fairhope, Alabama | Registered: December 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can also carry a Beretta M9 all day long in a Desantis black leather thumb brake and a good belt no problem. I like a full size gun I can not get a good quick grip with the small stuff if I need to hurry . Glock 17 or 19 is just great for me .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Occasionally, I will carry my CZ P09, in a Silent Thunder IWB, the P09, being slender in width , conceals pretty well.

Probably, the bulkiest pistol I ever tried carrying was a HK USP years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post