SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    W.German Sig P220 heel release, no import marks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W.German Sig P220 heel release, no import marks Login/Join 
posted
hello I have a really good looking p220 I picked up a while back with no import marks. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this or where they come from? Oh yeah and the best part, scooped it up for $450

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kingjoey5000,

Posts: 20 | Registered: April 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
No import marking usually means private bring back from overseas.

Welcome to SF.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, do anything to the value?

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kingjoey5000:
Awesome, do anything to the value?

Not really. Unlike certain military surplus pistols which may have "sneaked" through without being stamped, commercial models tend not to command a premium due to the absence of an import mark.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
..... failing miserably at image upload

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
1984. Nice catch. I can't tell from your first photo - is the lanyard loop missing? If so, you may wish to place an appropriate size washer behind the grip panel to act as a shim until you locate a replacement lanyard loop. Either way, it is a good practice to be overly judicious when tightening the grip screws on these early models. The plastic is brittle and prone to cracking.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
1984. Nice catch. I can't tell from your first photo - is the lanyard loop missing? If so, you may wish to place an appropriate size washer behind the grip panel to act as a shim until you locate a replacement lanyard loop. Either way, it is a good practice to be overly judicious when tightening the grip screws on these early models. The plastic is brittle and prone to cracking.

you beat me to it. this was my concern

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
it broke last time I shot it, complete bummer, but like I said I have another, thank god, and have some non OEM I am going to keep on it in the mean time, until its time to put the originals back on and let her go. Could any one post a pic of said lanyard loop. Thx

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Here's a pretty good shot of the lanyard loop. It's unfortunate your left grip panel fractured. Grips for these early pistols are very difficult (but not impossible) to locate. The lanyard loops tend to be even more elusive.

posted Hide Post
I already have one. no worries.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice! The early P220s have always been my favorite Sig. I have more than one. Wink

Some importers will discreetly etch the mark on the bottom of the frame between the grip and the mag well and then blue the etching. Really easy to miss sometime. That and a short trigger reset kit will go right in.

One thing you may consider is that Hogue makes grips for these in a black checkered aluminum (my favorite) as well as a variety of G10 grips also.

If you saved the chip and would like to repair the grips on there now, some glues will keep it in place for a while. Fabrication shops have a plastic welder, but you would have to check with them to see if their welding medium is compatible with the material in which your grips were made.

A nice one either way.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Some importers will discreetly etch the mark on the bottom of the frame between the grip and the mag well and then blue the etching. Really easy to miss sometime. That and a short trigger reset kit will go right in.

Some even put their import marking on the grip frame under the grip panel against ATF rule.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have these wood ones from somewhere as well I dont think they are sig grips, but always preferred the black, shame it chipped, gun looks damn good with them.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
if any one has any leads on the a lanyard loop, let me know, I found a BDA left side for 18 bucks, to replace the chipped one, I hate the wood grips, but also have some g-10 hogue grips coming.