SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Price check on P220 Sport

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Price check on P220 Sport Login/Join 
Picture of Palmaris
posted
Hello guys.
Can some one tell me please what will be fair price to pay for P220 Sport?
This boy has one flaw-original owner engraived SPORT on sides of compencator.
Pics attached.

Posts: 57 | Location: CA | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty rough.

Looks like the comp was polished. Doesn't look like the original finish. Also looks like the letters were filled in with some sort of paint.

I'd offer $800, not more than $1000, but that is a stretch.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen one go anywhere near that! They're rare and highly collectable.

$1300-$2600 is the range I see with $1300 being heavily used poor condition and it's rare they go for that. Here's a pretty good deal in OK condition for $1980+
http://www.armslist.com/posts/...p220-sport-sig-sauer

and one on Sigforum earlier in OK shape for $1850. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2070004144

This one sold for $2500 http://www.armslist.com/posts/...andguns-for-sale--na

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Original owner cost himself a lot of money. I wouldn’t pay more than $8-$900 for it. Looks rough

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I've never seen one go anywhere near that! They're rare and highly collectable.

$1300-$2600 is the range I see with $1300 being heavily used poor condition and it's rare they go for that. Here's a pretty good deal in OK condition for $1980+
http://www.armslist.com/posts/...p220-sport-sig-sauer

and one on Sigforum earlier in OK shape for $1850. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2070004144

This one sold for $2500 http://www.armslist.com/posts/...andguns-for-sale--na

Yeah they are rare and very well built, but this one is ruined. Not only did he ruin the comp, but the next owner will have to clean out the black crap in the lettering.

posted Hide Post
I think the 8-900 is kinda low, even though it is a well loved pistol. 8-900 seems to be the range of Stainless Elites.

If it shoots, and it is all cosmetic, I wouldn't call it "ruined". I'd call it a great deal for a good shooter, if the price is right. Yea the markings reduced the collectability of it, but they were made to shoot, and they shoot well.

IMO the "Sport" is kind of stupid on the comp, but it shouldn't affect the shoot-ability at all.

Fair price? Hard to say, all depends on the buyer and what they are looking for. NIB examples go for what, $2000-2500? Shooters can easily be $1500+. I'd take a couple hundred off the "shooter" grade and go from there.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Since the comp is anodized aluminium and the slide/frame are stainless they are not a great match color-wise on any that I've seen including mine. And the lighting in a photograph can exaggerate the difference. This one looks fine to me, but could use a good cleaning. I think I paid about a grand for a very clean used one many years back.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Full disclosure: I never much cared for the mismatched finish of the Sports. I realize that it's due to the metals involved but it's always looked a bit stupid to me regardless of reasons why. In my mind, the premiums paid by others never quite got in sync with dopey, 'riceresque' tacked on appearance. The disfiguring caused by the engraved text just makes it more stupider looking. Granted it doesn't affect how the gun shoots. To a blind eye, this is at best a shooter's grade pistol even with a unaltered comp. Decide if you can live with the goofy lettering or not, and go from there. I'd probably take at least $300 if not more off because the font is truly out of character with the gun and that momentary brain fart with the engraving pen in hand does impact how the rest of the gun world will view this gun. Market value it ain't, and never will be.

Or you could just say, 'eff it', blow your bank account and have the WHOLE gun--or just the comp if budget's really a thing--professionally engraved just to incorporate and hide in plain sight the scars of those two words. Yeah it'll be a harder sell down the road, but there's always a certain breed of collector that goes for that engraving stuff when it's done right, often gladly paying for the premium that's asked. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xanth:
I think the 8-900 is kinda low, even though it is a well loved pistol. 8-900 seems to be the range of Stainless Elites.

If it shoots, and it is all cosmetic, I wouldn't call it "ruined". I'd call it a great deal for a good shooter, if the price is right. Yea the markings reduced the collectability of it, but they were made to shoot, and they shoot well.

IMO the "Sport" is kind of stupid on the comp, but it shouldn't affect the shoot-ability at all.

Fair price? Hard to say, all depends on the buyer and what they are looking for. NIB examples go for what, $2000-2500? Shooters can easily be $1500+. I'd take a couple hundred off the "shooter" grade and go from there.

I disagree a bit. You’re right, it’s not going to change the way it shoots. However most of the Sport model’s current value is as a collectible and that part is ruined. $900 may be low, but that’s all I’d personally pay.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If offered $1k to me for the one the OP, I would not take it. The gun just ugly because of that ugly weight.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post