Find
Notify
Tools

P225A1 grips Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Did the new P225A1 always come with G10 grips or are some earlier versions plastic?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Some came with wood grips.
Don't recall any with plastic grips, think they all were G-10 or woods made by Hogue.

True, except for the Classic Carry's grips, which were also G10, but were made by SCI.
https://spauldingcom.com/markets/firearm-knife-grips/

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I got my P225A1 three years ago and all I saw around my area was the G10 grips. No wood at all. I have seen wood grips on line and on the Sig web site. I have shot my gun over 500 times and the grips are doing great. Plus they looks good.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted Hide Post
Lets get all the 225A1 owners to ask magguts.com to make the upgrade for the 225A1. They look to see if there is enough interest. What 225A1 owner doesn't want one or two more rounds.

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loungestx:
Lets get all the 225A1 owners to ask magguts.com to make the upgrade for the 225A1. They look to see if there is enough interest. What 225A1 owner doesn't want one or two more rounds.

I'm with loungestx. Sig really dropped the ball by not offering a "correct" magazine for the 225-a1. Sig took the easy way out and "Rube Goldberged" the 239 magazines instead of actually designing one that would have held an extra round or 2. Shame on Sig. When and if someone comes out with the proper magazine, I most certainly will purchase many......I do like my pair of 225-a1's and my original P225 from 1982.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post