SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you don't hold onto but keep buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you don't hold onto but keep buying? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
Do you have guns you just WANT to love, keep buying, but then are among the first you sell to buy something else?

For me that is the Beretta 92 series. I must have owned 4-5 of them, and just traded into a M9A3. I really like the Vertec grip. It sure shoots well!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92’s and CZ 75’s. I want to like them, I just don’t shoot them as well as other guns.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
HK VP9. I try to like it, and I truly respect the platform, but it doesn’t fit any role for me.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
For me it's the Kahr MK9/Elite 03. I love that gun and I've probably owned 5 of them. I just can't find a way to EDC it over the many other good sub/subcompact choices.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P220, G19....
I've had 5 220s over the years, just can't warm up to them. Must have bought and sold, traded, 10 G19s, currently have one in my dresser drawer.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm currently trying to unload my second HK45C. It's super accurate and reliable but it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully I remember this when I go to purchase another one in a few years!

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The Sig 239 and 226. I have bought and sold several of them now. I like them, I want to love them, but I just don't.

Then a year goes by and I see a deal on one and think, hmm, maybe I should try one again. Rinse and repeat...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Anything in .40 S&W. It's a running joke at my local shop. "Every year, bionic will buy something in .40 to remind himself why he hates .40"

Big Grin

Closest has been the gen 4 Glocks. I think three different 23s and two 27s. Very good, but not as fast or accurate in my hand as a 19 or a 26.

Beretta PX4C was probably a mistake I'd make again.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
For me it was slightly different. When I found a pistol I liked, I bought two or three of them in different variations/ calibers. When something "better" came along I would sell those and get several of the newest, "best" pistols. After a few more years, the cycle repeated itself.

I have done this with the P229, 239, 224 and 290. All in the search of my ultimate carry pistol.

I have not sold any of my classic all stainless 229s or my 229 duty pistol. I shoot them occasionally and still enjoy them. These I am going to pass along to my kids.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W 10mm pistols. I kept buying and selling them, now I can't afford them.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
None. I learn from my mistakes. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
SIG P232. I've only owned it once and still have it. But I shot one and the P230 several times prior and really didn't like very much how either shot. Then I come across one in really nice condition...oh, it's so purdy; I can make it work. Yes I can.

And that's all she wrote.

To date it's the only frickin' disappointing gun that I've caved to. Still don't like shooting it. But it IS a beauty.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P229’s. Have owned multiples through the years.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
S&W 642/442, no lock. Had 1 of each, sold\traded, now on my 3rd (442 no lock). Keeping this one as the no lock versions are becoming fewer and far between.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
P226. Never fit really well. The front strap has always been a little slick shooting DA. The Legion SAO may be the ticket however. The single action flat trigger along with the small undercut and the legion grips make a more stable platform for me.

As soon as I liquidate some real estate I’m getting one.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
None. I learn from my mistakes.

Bingo

Insanity has been defined as doing the same thing over and over again, then expecting different results.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911's. I've had 7 of them over the years. I get one, love it at first, get annoyed with it, sell it or trade it for something else I want, then I miss having a 1911 and buy one to replace it. The cycle then begins anew.

Now I keep one just to keep the itch scratched. It's a Sig 1911 TACOPS. I wish I'd gotten the traditional slide model but everybody is making holsters for Sig 1911s these days. And I really do like this 1911 and it's one of the few I've owned that doesn't seem to care what type of ammo I feed it - runs like the Energizer Bunny.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Non-German military Mauser 98 rifles.

I have a number of German K98k Mausers, which is one of the main focuses of my military surplus rifle collection, along with British Enfields and WW1/WW2 USGI rifles. But I also keep buying various other cool milsurp Mausers from other countries (Czech, Turk, Yugo, Belgian, etc.). They're neat, and comparatively affordable, but I rarely keep them for all that long. They're among the first to go when something more interesting and more relevant to my collection comes along.

Luckily, I have yet to lose money doing so.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
S&W model 625's. I love the 45 ACP moon clip revolver idea then when I get one, I remember they are the bigger & heavier N frame & I sell it soon after. Had 3...so far!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I thought I was alone in doing this. But I see not so.

I bought a couple of M&P-9's, installed Apex triggers, etc., but never could get them to be as accurate as other pistols I own. I stopped doing this around 2012, although that was when they switched over to the 1:10 twist rate barrel and apparently solved most of the inaccuracy issues. (I've read posts where people say they had nary a problem with accuracy, but I did).

The M&P remains a very reliable and ergonomic pistol, and S&W has earned my loyalty over the years with their customer service. But I have no full-size M&P's these days...

But now of course there is the M&P-9 2.0. So I am tempted again.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post