SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you don't hold onto but keep buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you don't hold onto but keep buying? Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
1911s. I don't even remember how many I've had..Several times I talked myself out of them because .45s are too expensive and I should stick to 9mm, so I tried a 9mm 1911 and that didn't work out either..

At least I can shoot my dads 1911 when I need to scratch that itch. He never sells anything. Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I used to do it with HK's. I love their ergos/grips, but I hate that stupid mag release. I know plenty of folks love the paddle, but I just don't.

The thing that finally got me to stop and not care out HK's was the M&P 2.0 series. It's ergos/grip are just as good as the HK in a normal mag release.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm lucky that I only have a few of the symptoms, but not the full-blown disease. I keep thinking I should buy a Glock. You know, because "You will buy a Glock". They are cheap, reliable, easy to work on, plentiful, etc. Heck, I even have several 17, 23, 33, and 47-round Glock 9mm magazines thanks to my PCC.

But then I hold one or shoot one and I'm reminded that they are ugly, I don't like how they point, I don't like the triggers, and I don't shoot them well. If I bought one, I'm sure I could work through most of that, but more than likely it would sit in the safe and I'd end up selling/trading it for something else. My FIL has three in various flavors, so I figure I might inherit some one day. Unless the disease takes hold.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
"Then a year goes by and I see a deal on one and think, hmm, maybe I should try one again. Rinse and repeat..."

I've been through over a dozen Glocks of various models over the decades. Keep wanting to like them but just can not form a satisfactory relationship with any. I. Do. Not. Shoot. Them. Well.

Hope this time I've found a cure.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther ppk. I love the history and the James Bond movies, but the slides tend to eat my hand. Every few years I run across one at a good price and buy with the intent to keep it forever, but end up getting rid of it because they just don't work for me.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 and Beretta 92. In the last 3 years, I’ve had 5 G19’s and 4 92’s.....

Posts: 56 | Location: Alabaster, Alabama | Registered: January 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also Glocks. I love the reliability, reputation, simplicity and aftermarket parts. I just can't get a good handle on them, they are too bulky and my hands are just small enough to never get the proper grip. And the trigger feels like a nubbin to me. I thought the Gen 4 would be better, but it is such a minute improvement as to not have bothered.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep buying Glocks. I haven't sold them. I have multiples of most of them. At some point my kids will get them.

At present, I use the Glocks and carry them. I just bought a G23 police trade in that's very clean.

I bought a number of P320's and have kept a few for myself. One of my boys was back from the USMC for a few days recently and I gave him a P320 carry. I haven't sold any, but have given several away.

I've done the same with a few of my Ruger single actions, last one a Vaquero to my brother. I gave away a Walther PPQ earlier this year.

Generally I don't sell my pistols. I've bought a lot of them when I was interested in the pistol and wanted to own one or try it out. A lot of them are in multiples, as I have a hard time walking away from a good deal.

I own several Kahr P40's because they were a good deal, but ultimately proved unreliable (even after multiple trips back to Kahr). I don't shoot them and they've been in the safe for a long time, but I don't feel good about selling something that I don't trust, to someone else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
For me it would be H&K pistols. They are very nice looking weapons and feel good, but I just cannot warm up to them. I've bought and sold: VP9, P30, 45C & 45 full size. The only one I have left is my 2nd VP9 and I'm only keeping it because my son likes it and I'll gift it to him in a few years when he's a little older.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I've had the same experience over the years. The Beretta 92 was that for me. Also, I've had several HK pistols I want to love, but just don't.

Also SigPro which I still own one of. Although it is a great gun, I just don't get excited about it.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CMR-30. I want the thing to work, it never does.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
It's always been the P220 for me. I have owned about 6 or 7 in the last 15 plus years. I always seem to trade, sell or in one case gave one away. Honestly I have no idear why. I get on a "need more boolits" kick and off load them.

I made the commitment on my last P220 Carry acquisition to keep it for good. So far so good.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
• Over a 45 year period...
1911s - have had 17 - now have ONE
2.5" S&W M66 - have had 9 - now have ONE
3.5" S&W M27-2 - have had 8 - now have TWO
Beretta 92/M9 - have had 7 - now have NONE
Various HK pistols - have had 6 - now have NONE
MGs and SMGs - have had 4 - now have ONE (SMG)

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
S&W 4006's. I always love them, but I set them free.

Looks like all the 3rd Gen's aren't showing up like they used to.

May have to keep the next one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gambit,

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned a stupid number of P220s- Stainless (pre-beaver tail), DAK 2-tone, Stainless Match Elite, Super Match, Carry Equinox & Compact. I love the idea of the 220 but when it came to what to carry or compete with, I always go with something else. Ultimately I decided that my pockets aren't deep enough to have a bunch of guns I mostly look at.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
Sig PRO 2022. I think I've had three. THey're great guns, shoot well, accurate. I prefer the 9mm flavor.

But I just never carried them or shot them enough. They've been sold to friends or family.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nuts on P220. Owned a Equinox, Stainless Steel, Extreme, a regular, finally bought a P220 Legion Carry, thinking this would be my ultimate and last, but now thinking of selling to get a Stainless ASE..I think that I am going crazy

Posts: 367 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 - I think I've had like 4 or 5 since I started this hobby. Somehow they aren't my favorite, but I always come back to it because I shoot it so well + reliability + aftermarket. @ this point I have one in my safe just to prevent me from selling it and re-buying one later.

357 Sig - P320, P239, G32, P229 - Love the caliber, but have had problems with the caliber in literally every pistol. Not with the ball rounds, but rather with hollowpoints. I've recently switched to 10mm and hope I'll have better luck here.

CZ PCR - Love the PCR but have sold it twice. I just find myself not actually carrying it.

M&P Shield - wanted to love it, had 2 sold both. The form factor simply isn't enough advantage over a G26 IMO, plus I never liked the trigger much.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
230/232 I have two of each right now and I got rid of one each that were not in the best of condition. I am looking for a 230 in 9mm Police and kne in .32 acp.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walker Colts percussion revolvers. I've owned 3 of them over the years. It's been a couple of years and I'm starting to get the shakes.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post