SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns you don't hold onto but keep buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns you don't hold onto but keep buying? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
G27, PPk, Ruger single action.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kahr p/cw pistols. Ive had a p9, cw9, cw45. They fit my hand so well but don't carry any easier for me than a g19 but with half the rounds. I still have a cw380 that I pocket carry and will be a keeper.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
P229’s. Have owned multiples through the years.

Same here, I think I’ve bought and sold 4 of them.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
1911 no doubt about it.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
This thread reminds me of women complaining about their bad boy complexes but instead w/ guns. Big Grin

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Maybe we need to form a support group.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Glock 21. I’ve owned three since they first came out in the 90s. I wanted to like them but just couldn’t get used to the grip size. Didn’t have any other issues with the pistol except it felt like I was trying to hold on to a brick.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I went from an HK45 to a 45c and back to the 45. Broke even each time. Cool

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
For me it is .22 semi autos. At one time I have four different Ruger 10/22 and a few various brands of hand guns. Don't have any right now and plan to keep it that way. But a .22 conversion for one of my Glock's keeping popping into my head....

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same. Love the gun, absolutely cannot shoot one worth a damn. Don’t know what it is.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Same. Love the gun, absolutely cannot shoot one worth a damn. Don’t know what it is.

Only own one of each HK P30L and CZ Scorpion EVO 3 but bought a lot of mags and with Scorpion spent money on furniture and other accessories. Oh well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've never bought a second one of something I got rid of. I'd consider another Beretta 92, as I like them, but I have several similar 9mms, so I don't really have any particular use for one.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not an issue. Kinda like a Roach Motel...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSW:
Glock 21. I’ve owned three since they first came out in the 90s. I wanted to like them but just couldn’t get used to the grip size. Didn’t have any other issues with the pistol except it felt like I was trying to hold on to a brick.

I felt the same way until I stumbled upon a 21SF RTF2. I found a 10mm upper that makes the gun one of my favorites.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is therapy. I too thought I had a real defect for doing this. I have done it with Berettas, Smith model 60's, but my real drug is the 10mm Glocks.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
K frame 357’s & various 10mm’s.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 26s.

I love buying them but just won't keep them. They're always the first to go. My thought process in "G26 buy mode" goes like this: "Well, it'll accept high capacity Glock magazines, and it's one of the most accurate compacts made. It shoots like a far bigger pistol."

Then, when I get into "G26 sale mode," my thought process goes like this: "Well, there's nothing I can do with the G26 that I can't do with a G19. After all, it only holds a few more bullets than a G43, which is a lot thinner." It's a disease, I tell you.

Runners up: Glock 21 (softest shooting .45 out there, super accurate, and too dang big for my carney hands). 1911s (I've owned 6, and 5 wouldn't run out of the box, so I sold them, but want another). Basically, I just love guns, and for that, I cannot apologize!

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
.44 mags! Desert Eagle, Ruger, and a whole bunch of the various Smith Model 29s. The Desert Eagle kicked the brass back in my face- had to go. The Blackhawk and the Vaquero- maybe I thought I was a cowboy- I'm not so they had to go. Model 29- shout out to Dirty Harry, but I got over it. Hunted alot with a 629 when I lived in Montana- but I moved so it had to go. Snub nosed 629, for all the emergency Kodiak Bear killing I needed to do, cept we seem a little light on the big Brown Bears here in California. I now have a 329PD. In case of Mountain Lions, the savage Black bear and zombie tweakers. It really isn't pleasant to shoot. The thought of it makes me smile- the thought of shooting it, not so much. The 329PD has more recoil than the 500. I've had a S&W 500, and a Desert Eagle 50. Something about those 44s. I love em. And I hate em too. Anyone looking for a 329PD????

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZs. I acknowledge they are fantastic guns, feel great, shoot great just dont work for me. I've had about 4-5 variations.

I keep buying and selling 226s as well and Damn I want another one. I have SAOs but now I'm finding I miss DA/SA.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCRs, for me. I've had three of them. The third (and final) one was acquired in the perfect caliber/capacity for me (.327 Federal Magnum), so I no longer have reason to sell/trade a LCR.
I hope.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post