Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 84f Login/Join 
Picture of jac1304
posted
Anyone carrying a Beretta 84f for daily carry? Haven't had a .380 in years and looking at buying one.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did for several months. It's a great, compact weapon with a relatively high capacity. I find I am very accurate with it. I did discover I was actually a better shot with the P250SC, so I switched over for a while. I still sometimes carry the Beretta, and my wife often carries my other one or the 85. If you get the 84, score plenty of mags while they are plentiful. The 85 mags are a bit scarce right now, and expensive when you do find them.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I used to carry a Beretta 84FS on duty several years ago. I had wrist surgery and I was pretty sensitive to recoil. The Beretta 84 did exactly what I wanted...hi capacity, a proven round to stop a man if needed and easy to carry. recoil was very tame. It was easy to conceal off duty... I also have a Beretta 85 as a back up to the 84, they are great shooting guns and easy to carry....

Some people will laugh when you say you want to carry a .380. Just remember there have been thousands of people including US service men who have been killed by a .380. The .380 has been around since the early 1900's and was used in WWI, WWII, and has been the primary caliber for law enforcement in Europe for many decades...

With the improvement with ammunition it has become a great carry caliber. I say buy one, shoot it, and carry it... you will not regret that purchase

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a size comparison, how does the 84F compare to the CZ82? I have the CZ but contemplate getting the Beretta.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
As a size comparison, how does the 84F compare to the CZ82? I have the CZ but contemplate getting the Beretta.

this is an 83 vs. 81 but same size comparison you're asking for

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, almost the same exact size. I like the looks of the sloping rounded trigger guard on your Beretta compared to the current squared off 84FS version. By the way nice CZ83 you have there in 7.65mm. Don't see many of those in the US. Besides the CZ82, I also have an 83 but it's in the more usual 380 from 1991 that I bought brand new. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post