SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Smith and Wesson TRR8 owners please step in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith and Wesson TRR8 owners please step in Login/Join 
posted
I have owned many N Frame S&W's .357,41 mag .44 spl and .44 mag but I have no experences with the new light N frames. What do owners of the TRR8 think? My hands can't take the pounding a light weight .44 might give but, how is the recoil of this revolver compaired to an L frame? I am still able to fire this weight of revolver with magnum loads without any discomfort but I do like the lines of the TRR8. thanks VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Although the opinions here are superior Wink, you may want to peruse www.smithwessonforum.com. Many threads there on trr8.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I have the R8 and I love it. I compete in local matches and mostly shoot factory .38s and handloaded lite .38s. I've fired only a handful of 357 and it shoots great. It sounds like you are interested in buying one, I say go for it. I love mine and will never sell it. Let me know if you want to know anything else.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sea Bass that is what I was hoping to hear great with .38 and not punishing with the .357 tks VI

The Constable
posted Hide Post
Shot one with 158 lead at 900 fps .38 loads. I liked it.

Went to buy one and ended up with one of the 8 shot, N frame 627's instead...Don't regret it, but never went back for the TRR8. The 627 satisfied my urge. LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
The Scandium alloy framed Smith and Wesson Model 327 TRR8 is not as lightweight as some might think.

With it's 5" tensioned barrel a 327 TRR8 or 327 M&P R8 weigh about the same as a 4" K-frame Model 19/66

However the TRR8 or any of the Model 327s which employ the multi-piece tensioned barrel are exceptionally accurate. Much like the legendary Dan Wessons from back in the early Metallic Silhouette days

Your profile does not show where you are located. If you are in the South or Central Florida area, I would be happy to meet you so that you could find out first hand what one felt like. I could even bring a heavier 5" 627 brother for you to compare it too Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You Colt ssa for the offer. I am in the Atlanta area and I got to handle one prior to your post. If does have weight but, not too heavy on your hip. My 28 Smith is a brick so anything lighter is a win to carry. VI

posted Hide Post
I would also like to thank you for the pictures posted they will make the background for my desktop rotation. VI