SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Those exotic Italian Target pistols…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those exotic Italian Target pistols… Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
As always you have incredible taste in firearms. I have been following your posts for years. I know you spend a lot of time on this hobby. Any thought on providing those of us that are less experienced some helpful hints on collecting? Maybe some background on how you started collecting and where to start, what to look for?

Thank you sir

There's really no right answer to that. It all depends on what you're into. I specialize in European autos like these, but also own and love many domestic handguns.

I started with basic stuff, but ending up with really expensive tastes. I look at it as an investment. I try to buy models that increase in value.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I would love to find a Benelli MP3S to add to my collection. Yours is drop-dead nice!
I'm curious what do you think of the trigger DA/SA? Is it better than a standard Benelli of the same ilk? Trigger pull weight?
I know some come in SA only and without a decocker, I'd probably opt for that. Given the slim pickings, finding one would be like winning the lottery.
Thanks

All the MP3S models are SAO. The standard B Series and Sport models are DA/SA.

While I sold a couple of my Benellis, I've kept a standard B76 and my two MP3S models. The other is in 32 S&W Long wadcutter. Its strictly a bullseye pistol.

Yes they are extremely hard to find. The 9mm model is almost nonexistent in this country. The 32 WC MP3S will pop up for sale online every once in a while. Last one sold for a ridiculous sum of money. Incidentally, the 32 version is a straight blowback. Its not delayed in any way, nor does it need to be.

Good luck in your search! Cool

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That Beretta 92 Combat gave me a chubby!!

Would love to learn more about it, I didn’t know it existed.

Must know more.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Great thread.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Those are all very nice. I particularly like the looks of the Pardini and the Delta.

Modern, often polymer, pistols work fine and all that... but they're ugly as can be compared to these and 1911s and other all-metal firearms.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting those beauties I would otherwise never have seen. I feel like the country bumpkin who just went to the Opera!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Italian style! Even my modest Beretta 87 Target has a bit of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. Is it to much to hope that you can now do the same thing with high-end shotguns?

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys

Glad you like them. Smile