SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me P226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me P226 Login/Join 
Picture of barry1967
posted
I hate going to browse at the gunstore sometimes.

Dropped my wife and daughter off so my daughter can pick out a kitten. Went up the street to a local gun shop. They had a P226KH with 4 mags, grey Sig box with owners manual and test target.

So, went to pick up wife and told her about gun and she said. Go ahead and get it. So, back to gun store paid for it and walked out. Get in car and on the way home, she says, daughter got 2 kittens. And I said, that's why you said get the new gun. Roll Eyes

Anyway, I ended up with a nice old P226 triple serial number, made in Germany. The box is the right era but unsure if it is original.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barry1967,

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Now if she told you to get two P226s instead...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Wonder if a dog would be worth 2 new guns?

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ero:
Wonder if a dog would be worth 2 new guns?

Dan

4 dogs are enough. Not sure I would want another 226 no matter how many she promised. Wink

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
box is the right era but unsure if it is original.

Pry out the foam insert on the right side. Don't worry, it's not glued down. If original case, there will be the factory label with the same serial number there.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, btw. Very nice. However, you need to toss those 2 aftermarket junk 15-rounders and use them as doorstops. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post

Thanks 12131. original box.

And, I have few original Sig 226 9mm mags, so no worries there. I know those are crapolla. The 10s are legit though. And if I travel into Mass, I will need 10s.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Nice 226, and learned something new, never knew about tag under foam...

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Nice 226,

Thanks. it pays to wander through the gunshop's now and again.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those are "U.S.A." mags. They are worse than Promag, if that's possible. Roll Eyes

Q

Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, those are "U.S.A." mags. They are worse than Promag, if that's possible. Roll Eyes

how could you tell? The picture is very dark. But here they are.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I used to have quite a few of them back in the days of AWB, and they were making these mags prior. And, since the factory pre-ban mags were costing 2 arms and 1 leg, many of of us cheap bastards settled for crapola. The metal is very soft, easily damaged. Just look and the feed lips and the holes for the mag catch. It's unmistakable. And, your new pics only confirm it. U.S.A., Promag, and Ram-Line were the bottom three feeders those days.

Q

Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
You have a sharp eye!

posted Hide Post
wow, beautiful gun! CongratsSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice P226. Looks new

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I miss the p226 I had and I am still trying to figure out why I sold it. They are solid performers and very comfortable to shoot. Check around for Mec-Gar mags as they are really good and usually cheaper than factory.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very nice find -- enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Never question the Eye (of The) Q. And yes, I know that was bad...but resist I could not.

Nice pickup, btw. I've long thought the the compact P229 and P228 was my favorite SIG form factor yet I own more P226s than both compacts combined. An anomaly I'm sure. Big Grin

Enjoy that beauty.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Two kittens are actually better and easier than one.... not kidding... they have a lot of energy and will use it on each other rather than you, your wife, daughter and the furniture.....

P226 is always the way to go....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find !

Congrats !

We will also need pics of the kittens...…….. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post