SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p229r slide differences
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p229r slide differences Login/Join 
posted
I have an older p229r that only has half finger grooves on the slide. The newer ones have full finger grooves. When was that changed?

Posts: 39 | Location: Douglas Co Nv | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nevadajohn:
I have an older p229r that only has half finger grooves on the slide. The newer ones have full finger grooves. When was that changed?

Around 2009, when they came out with the P229 E2.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Was it the half-height grooves that denoted "legacy" slides when they made a few batches with them after the E2's had been released?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
Was it the half-height grooves that denoted "legacy" slides when they made a few batches with them after the E2's had been released?

Yes. Half-height serration slide = Legacy

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

That long ago? I thought it was around 2011/12.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

That long ago? I thought it was around 2011/12.

Yes, that long ago. The E2 came out first, with long external external extractor and full height slide serrations. Then SIG discontinued it (the E2 model), as they decided to make that configuration a permanent part of the line-up. 2012 is when they came out with the M11-A1.

Q