SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Now SIG Offers a Safety For the P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now SIG Offers a Safety For the P365 Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
It appears SIG is trying to meet everyone's expectations with its "new" P365. First, it was the 15-round mag, now it's the manual ambidextrous safety. A lot of people are put off by pocket carrying a striker pistol without a safety, it seems.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...n-micro-compact.html

("Manual Safety version now available")

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been commenting on this extensively in another thread, including the fact that two weeks ago, a Sig rep responded to my e-mail inquiry that while the safety model was in development, they had no time frame for introducing it. He must be out of the loop. Mine will be ordered tomorrow.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
He must be out of the loop.

Or perhaps he was intelligent and cautious enough to not provide any insider information before the official company announcement—especially, as has happened so many times in the past, it might be wrong. Then again he might be out of that high level loop.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Or perhaps he was intelligent and cautious enough to not provide any insider information before the official company announcement—especially, as has happened so many times in the past, it might be wrong. Then again he might be out of that high level loop.

It was announced by Sig back at the SHOT Show that the thumb safety model would be available "April/May" so it was no state secret. The guy could have said "soon". I think he skipped a couple of meetings. As it is, they made it just under the wire.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No sane company with a product development lifecycle (of any kind) lets customer service reps announce products or product timelines. Seriously. your expectations on this are simply not relevant to the real world.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

It was announced by Sig back at the SHOT Show that the thumb safety model would be available "April/May" so it was no state secret.

And your guy demonstrated his caution and/or intelligence by not making the same almost-incorrect prediction.
Or perhaps he missed some meetings. And that demonstrates what, exactly?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We got in 5 P365s with thumb safety this AM. Had 1 left at closing. Despite what you read on internet gun boards, people buying handguns want a manual safety. By about 4 to 1.

The thumb safety on the 365 is very well done. Operates like a 1911 thumb safety amd is VERY thin and low profile. It is NOT likely to be accidently put on or turned off. Positive activation and deactivation was evident with all the ones we recieved. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
18DAI,

What's retail price on them going for?

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
We got in 5 P365s with thumb safety this AM. Had 1 left at closing. Despite what you read on internet gun boards, people buying handguns want a manual safety. By about 4 to 1.

The thumb safety on the 365 is very well done. Operates like a 1911 thumb safety amd is VERY thin and low profile. It is NOT likely to be accidently put on or turned off. Positive activation and deactivation was evident with all the ones we recieved. Regards 18DAI

post a picture of it please.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

post a picture of it please.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By...igshid=1xtvcfuvsdd15

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Sorry XLT, no photo capability here. We have them for $525 + tax. Well, we had them. One left at close of business I'm told. And the owner will probably take that one. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one of manual safety models today.
I was able to get roughly 100 rounds through it with no issues. Very happy with it at this point.

Posts: 101 | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they made it ambi. Does the safety affect the trigger pull?

Posts: 418 | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kokopelli
posted Hide Post
Nice! As soon as they have them under the LE program I’m buying one.

Posts: 246 | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post