SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For those that might prefer a little heavier trigger break weight than the P-10Cs (which has a little over 4.5lbs break), Randy Lee of Apex Tactical stated earlier in this thread that: "the trigger pull weight can *most likely* be increased or decreased, at least in the range of 1 lb +/- by swapping 2 springs ( I haven't done testing on this yet, but will in the future)". With a short reset trigger, I would not want to go any lighter on my pistol, maybe even a little heavier. Once I have shot mine, I will know real quick if it is to light * for me*, and needs to be made heavier. Larry vickers plans to review the pistol has soon as he can get his hands on one. I'd venture to say if one is openminded enough to shoot this pistol when it becomes available, they will probably end up buying it, if the size is right for them. Of course full sized and sub-compacted models will follow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If CZ sells these at the rate of 5% of what Glock sells G19s, this gun will be wildly successful. As others have said, I don't think they have any allusions about displacing Glock, they'd probably be very happy with a relatively small piece of the poly-striker pie.

quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

If that were the case the HK VP9 and PPQ would outsell the Glock 19 as they have better triggers, better ergos, and are reasonably priced. CZ seems to always be in short demand because they simply don't put guns out in the same numbers in this country as others. The typical Joe Fudgepacker and Susie lunch box are gonna have no idea what these are. They only know what the back of magazines covers and what other equally ignorant friends tell them.... "gimmie one of dem Kimber Glocks....you know the ones in 45."

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize the CZ had an ambi mag release.

I don't at all like the idea of having a button on the outside that I could bump and have my mag drop in public.

I like reversible for the lefties, but a button sitting there waiting to be pushed?

I really want to like this gun, but that will keep me from being an early buyer.

I'll wait to see if people have issues with that before I buy one.

Anyone carry a gun with a button mag release on the outside? Is it an issue being activated or is it a bigger deal in my mind than in reality.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I didn't realize the CZ had an ambi mag release.

I don't at all like the idea of having a button on the outside that I could bump and have my mag drop in public.

I like reversible for the lefties, but a button sitting there waiting to be pushed?

I really want to like this gun, but that will keep me from being an early buyer.

I'll wait to see if people have issues with that before I buy one.

Anyone carry a gun with a button mag release on the outside? Is it an issue being activated or is it a bigger deal in my mind than in reality.

IMHO, I believe, and without handling one yet, it is probably a bigger deal in your mind than in reality, but I could be wrong. If it were to become an issue for some, it *appears* that the solution or fix would be pretty simple to make it set flush.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

posted Hide Post
this will be the only gun i give serious consideration to buying in 2017

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:

At least wait until after next week before saying that Smile

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
This will be the only gun I give serious consideration to buying in 2017

Same here.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^

Dang.

I kinda wish that I could think/say this. But................

I know there is no way ! This pistol is one of about four on my list for the coming year. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
quote:

^^^^

Dang.

I kinda wish that I could think/say this. But................

I know there is no way ! This pistol is one of about four on my list for the coming year. Big Grin

Right now i have a lot of holes in my gear overall, by holes i mean places i need to upgrade my gear be it scope mounts, Red Dots, Slings, etc..... I need to round out what i have and make sure it's all set and ready to go. The fact that the CZ P10c fits some glock holsters makes this a easy buy ,i don't have to retool.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Right now i have a lot of holes in my gear overall.

LOL.........

Ya I have holes in my systems also.

But these frickin CZ pistols keep multiplying for some reason. Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P 10c, expensive mags, very very limited availability, 0 aftermarket accessories, loooong time before supply catches up with demand, no thanks.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I will counter with.... Expensive mags? Like $10 more than cheap mags? So a total extra investment of $20-$50? Oh heavens no!

Very limited availability... I really only need one.

Aftermarket accessories.... I don't need trinkets. The fact that a gun has aftermarket parts doesn't make it a good gun, in fact often just the opposite. But really, a brand new gun that's not even on the market doesn't have any aftermarket parts yet? No shit huh?

Long time before supply meets demand... Well I've waited 48 years at....

I know, your answer is people should just buy a gun they don't like.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
P 10c, expensive mags, very very limited availability, 0 aftermarket accessories, loooong time before supply catches up with demand, no thanks.

they have not even hit shelves so we don't have a good picture of availability, but my guess will be the first year they will be in short supply.

They are making a point to have lower priced mags, i believe about $10-12 lower than current CZ mags for P07 and P09

Aftermarket support not sure what support you will need? Most of those that have reviewed have been impressed with the ergos & texture, and all have said excellent trigger. This also fits a large selection of Glock 19 holsters so that is a win as well.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:

You should really try to read the thread before you post nonsense like this. Everything you typed has been proven false.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

You should really try to read the thread before you post nonsense like this. Everything you typed has been proven false.

We shall see.....

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This is not specifically related to this gun, but it certainly applies. Even if I have interest in a new gun, I wouldn't buy one until it's been out a year or two. I don't want to be the beta tester. I also want to know the gun will be successful enough that the third party support is developing.

For an example with CZ, they came out with the P-07 Duty. After it had been out a few years, they came out with the gen 2, non-Duty model, with a number of improvements. That's the one to buy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Guessing street price of mags will be around $30.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Distributors will probably start seeing these arrive around the first of the month. We will probably see them at some dealers a week or two after that. I really think the P10C and the rest of this CZ family of new striker pistols that will follow, have the potential to be the best *overall * polymer striker fired pistols ever made. Time will tell on that. Below is a vid with LAV at the CZ booth at SHOT 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NerEVMn7OmI

posted Hide Post
I'll shoot a P-10C in a local bullseye match in February. And yes, I'm serious. I shot a P-07 in a centerfire match last year and had high score, although it was a couple of points per target lower than with a CZ-97B"E".

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post