SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm interested...figured at some point I should own a striker fired pistol again, but have been leaning toward a P320.

Has anyone here had a chance to check out the P10C and can speak to how it'd compare to a P320C?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
I'm interested...figured at some point I should own a striker fired pistol again, but have been leaning toward a P320.

Has anyone here had a chance to check out the P10C and can speak to how it'd compare to a P320C?

Probably very few P-10C pistols, if any are in this country yet. I had a P320C for a while but went back to a Gen4 19. There were a few thing about it I did not care for, but overall its a decent pistol. I just think the people in charge at CZ product development are real good listeners and gave us even more what a lot of us have wanted for a long time. I believe this pistol will raise the bar even higher. Time will tell.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, good point, Biggy....I'll wait for the reviews to come in as I'm sure someone will eventually do a P320 or G19 comparison.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Figure this is the right place to post this.

Review of production gun in US.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/r1zWm09BOrM

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Sootch00 also did a review on the P10C.
Looks like it might be something to consider getting after all.

CZ P10C Review

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Never had a CZ before but preordered two of the suppressor ready version and six extra mags. Anyone know when these will start shipping and who handles CZ's direct orders for mil/le?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Just watched sootch's review. Same as Tim's review, glowing. These are gonna sell fast!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Just watched sootch's review. Same as Tim's review, glowing. These are gonna sell fast!

Tons of guns get glowing reviews and don't sell worth a damn.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So Sootch is a gun geek. He likes anything with a trigger. I am little different. What was telling with the P10 review was he seemed almost giddy and that is a good sign coming from those of us who have shot damn near everything under the sun and know most of it is fairly the same.

Hell I want to try one now. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree,I think they will sell very well once word gets around. They are not even on most peoples radar yet. I think there will be a lot of Glock 19's and other compact 9mm pistols for sale on Armslist and at Gun Shows in the next few year, mine probably being one of them, once the P-10C's are proven out in the real world. I could easily enough keep it, but why ?

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

Sorry, that won't be the case with these and I think you already know that.. Street price is gonna be cheaper than a Glock. It has a better trigger, better ergos, and there are a few things beefed up from the Glock. I highly doubt they will set on shelves, and would place a bet on them selling very well this year. I've no plans to buy one but it's looking like CZ has a hit. And they've been on a good role these past few years. Scorpion, Bren, plenty of P07 sales. As a firearm manu, doing pretty damn well.

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
It will come down to mag prices imo. I LOVE my CZ's, but the mags are upwards of $40.

If you only have 2 or 3 mags for your guns that's not an issue.

but most folks who shoot a lot and/or game with their guns, want a lot more than that. Most folks have a budget that doesn't allow them to buy the number of mags they want at that price.

That is the potential limiting factor for this gun selling to the masses imo.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
No if and or buts on who they are targeting. I don't recall any other manufacturers ever using the "same holster sales pitch" I am not a striker guy , but I think competition is good for consumer.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think I read somewhere mag prices are MSRP of about 35 bucks. So probably 30 bucks for real.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It looks like a really nice pistol but a bit late to the game though most CZ fans will jump on it. Also somehow people got the impression that it was same exact size as the Glock 19 and it is not, especially in height. Close but no cigar. Slightly larger than the Glock 19 same as the Walther PPQ is. Smart though that it fits Glock 19 holsters.

Mac said in the second video that the trigger was not as good as what he shot over at CZ in Europe but very nice along the lines of the PPQ and VP9 but he did say PPQ trigger still is tops in his view for striker fired pistols. Many of us, including myself, looking for a modern striker fired pistol with better ergos, grip, accuracy, and trigger than the Glock 19 already have bought PPQ/VP9/P320 which all come with lifetime warranty vs CZ five year. In my case I still have my Glock 19 and will forever.

The fact that the CZ P10 C trigger is lighter than the PPQ will give pause to many as a CCW pistol as it has for the PPQ.

I look forward to trying a CZ P10 out in March when my LGS has a factory shoot.

Glock has nothing to worry about as they are making pistols as fast as they can and still selling them all and have not lowered their prices significantly like most others have in 2016. Of course their agency sales are booming too and the FBI win is only going to strengthen their position.

Always nice to have more options for the consumer to choose from.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I wanted a striker gun similar to this, and didn't want a Glock, I'd likely go with a P320. If I wanted a CZ, I'd probably go with a P07.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Never had a CZ before but preordered two of the suppressor ready version and six extra mags. Anyone know when these will start shipping and who handles CZ's direct orders for mil/le?

Andrew Eager is the name of the direct sales guy now. The 2017 pricelist and ordering instructions are out. Prices on the P10 are solid.

No idea on lead times. I'd like to order one, but have not yet. They're shut down until 1/3 anyway I think.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, that won't be the case with these and I think you already know that.. Street price is gonna be cheaper than a Glock. It has a better trigger, better ergos, and there are a few things beefed up from the Glock. I highly doubt they will set on shelves, and would place a bet on them selling very well this year. I've no plans to buy one but it's looking like CZ has a hit. And they've been on a good role these past few years. Scorpion, Bren, plenty of P07 sales. As a firearm manu, doing pretty damn well.

If that were the case the HK VP9 and PPQ would outsell the Glock 19 as they have better triggers, better ergos, and are reasonably priced. CZ seems to always be in short demand because they simply don't put guns out in the same numbers in this country as others. The typical Joe Fudgepacker and Susie lunch box are gonna have no idea what these are. They only know what the back of magazines covers and what other equally ignorant friends tell them.... "gimmie one of dem Kimber Glocks....you know the ones in 45."

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

If that were the case the HK VP9 and PPQ would outsell the Glock 19 as they have better triggers, better ergos, and are reasonably priced. CZ seems to always be in short demand because they simply don't put guns out in the same numbers in this country as others. The typical Joe Fudgepacker and Susie lunch box are gonna have no idea what these are. They only know what the back of magazines covers and what other equally ignorant friends tell them.... "gimmie one of dem Kimber Glocks....you know the ones in 45."

I never said they'd outsell the Glock 19, neither did anyone else. I think we all know better than that. When you started quoting me in this thread, I merely said these were gonna sell, and quickly this year, and they will. Sorry I don't see the point of contention. We all know CZ doesn't import the amount of handguns Glock does. CZ, I guarantee, are under no delusions of taking Glock's market share. They are simply attempting to get a piece of the pie. So for CZ, in the US, I believe this pistol is going to do very well for them and be a sales success, for CZ. Not stun the market or get "Joe Fudgepacker and Susie lunch box" wearing CZ t-shirts. I still don't understand what you are getting riled up about this for.

Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
Joe Fudgepacker and Susie lunch box

How the fuck does somebody come up with names like this off the cuff?

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post