SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^ Ho-lee shit. You lost? Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Lee:
CZ pistols have been part of my collection for several years. DA/SA action work that can be performed on the 75 versions can be jaw droppingly good. Ergonomics, accuracy and all the other praises that everyone else touts- all true. But they do have their weaknesses like any other pistol out on the market.

The P-10 is an evolution in the design process of the CZ. For instance, one of the complaints people have mentioned to me at matches has been that the slide in frame design leaves very little surface area of the slide cocking serrations. Large hands in gloves would find it challenging to clear a stoppage. The designers must have had this in mind when they started.

The marketing strategy is pure genius. If I wanted to hit the LE market, peripheral accessories become a critical factor- like duty holsters. So designing the frame and slide dimensions identical to the venerable Glock is sheer brilliance. For a 1500 officer department looking to get away from the Glock, not having to wait for Safariland to develop a new holster pattern and having to place a large purchase order could sway the decision making process.

I look forward to really putting rounds down range.

I'm with you except the gloves comment.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know but I think I want one to add to my P-07 & P-09. If it shoots as good as they do I will have one (or 2) as soon as they get to the toy store.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like CZ's and carry one. However, it would appear that they built a Glock with more expensive mags.

If you're going to unseat the undisputed king of a market, you need to be appreciably better. As a CZ fan who doesn't like the Glock ergos (but have learned to deal with them), I still don't see myself going out to buy CZ's offerings and sell my Glocks.

I'm sure it will be a great gun, I just don't see it making a dent in Glock.

The P07 is popular cause it is a Glock 19 sized gun that is available in DA/SA or SOA. That's unique and gives guys like me who like hammer fired guns an option we didn't have. This doesn't offer anything new. I doubt they had aspirations of unseating Glock anyways. Just trying to get a little slic of a big market they currently didn't have access to.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
Also do y'all see that different style of drop safety, striker block, I don't know the right term sorry. In the back of the slide where the trigger moves it out of the way and allows the striker to go forward.

This one moves to the side instead of moving it up against a spring, that's one thing that probably has an effect on the trigger..

It's why the Caracal had such a good trigger.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
That's not a 97 in 10mm.

I thought the same thing when I saw the "10" in the model number.

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
In light of Randy Lee's comments I will have to see one when the P10C is actually out in the market.
Might just have to look up the best seasoning for Crow.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Lee:
CZ pistols have been part of my collection for several years. DA/SA action work that can be performed on the 75 versions can be jaw droppingly good. Ergonomics, accuracy and all the other praises that everyone else touts- all true. But they do have their weaknesses like any other pistol out on the market.

The P-10 is an evolution in the design process of the CZ. For instance, one of the complaints people have mentioned to me at matches has been that the slide in frame design leaves very little surface area of the slide cocking serrations. Large hands in gloves would find it challenging to clear a stoppage. The designers must have had this in mind when they started.

The marketing strategy is pure genius. If I wanted to hit the LE market, peripheral accessories become a critical factor- like duty holsters. So designing the frame and slide dimensions identical to the venerable Glock is sheer brilliance. For a 1500 officer department looking to get away from the Glock, not having to wait for Safariland to develop a new holster pattern and having to place a large purchase order could sway the decision making process.

I look forward to really putting rounds down range.

I'm with you except the gloves comment.

Sorry, I had to re-read my post and edit it. My point is that on the embedded slide models like the SP-01, P-01 the slide can be difficult to grasp and retract without ones fingertips dragging along the frame, especially under stress.

------------------------------
"The Dremel is my friend."

Posts: 1462 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
^^^^^^^^^^^ Ho-lee shit. You lost? Wink

When am I not lost?
Razz

------------------------------
"The Dremel is my friend."

Posts: 1462 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
However, it would appear that they built a Glock with more expensive mags.

1. From what I gather, CZ makes very little on the sale of Glocks, so I could see why they might do that. Wink

2. That thinking irks me and we see people saying similar things all the time with guns. But it's sort of like saying they shouldn't have bothered making the 2015 Toyota Corolla because it's really just like a 1997 Honda Accord.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
2. That thinking irks me and we see people saying similar things all the time with guns. But it's sort of like saying they shouldn't have bothered making the 2015 Toyota Corolla because it's really just like a 1997 Honda Accord.

Funny thing is that you never hear "oh, geez, another Browning copy" and everyone makes 1911's. Smile

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm really not sure what some people are expecting. It is a new striker fired pistol from a great company. Why there is anything negative to say about this is confusing.
Especially since none of the "meh" crowd has even touched one yet. Razz

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
However, it would appear that they built a Glock with more expensive mags.

1. From what I gather, CZ makes very little on the sale of Glocks, so I could see why they might do that. Wink

You snipped one part of my post. I clearly said it was to get a small slice of a market they currently are not in. I understand why they made it.

It simply is nothing new. Nothing at all. I'm sure I'll buy one, but it's nothing new and their slice will thus be a very small one.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Tempting. I would be much more interested in a single stack carry offering. My lc9s will be hard to replace though. The p10c would be mostly to just have one. Another 15 rnd 9mm? I just handle my sp2022 and the itch subsides.

Interesting how Tim stated "upgrade to a cz". I suppose cz was tired of Canik eating into their clone market. Let the g19, p320 and p10c war begin I suppose.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll buy one of the 9mm 4.5 or 5" barrel versions when they come out. If the barrel lock up is anything like my two P-09s and one P-07, the new pistol will be a shooter. Too light for a bullseye gun in the winds of West Texas, but I'll try it anyway.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Randy, thank you for the informative posts. I will certainly consider the CZ as their other guns are appreciably accurate, ergonomic, and affordable. My friend who owns Glocks only shot my 75 pre-B and pronounced it be "spooky" accurate. If the P-10 can punch out the X with one ragged whole then I'll buy one. The G17/19 is good but CZ would not bring to market a system that is not at the least the equal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mr kablammo,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
more and more i read up on this, the more i think this could become a viable option for some, and the fact it fits in G19 holsters makes it a little easier to take a chance on.

I was wondering how much taller it was than my G19, and seems i just saw it comes in at 5.2 height, 7.36 length, and 1.25 width.

The Width is interesting, being 1.18 glock vs 1.25 CZ if that is correct from gunsamerica, and the fitment into glock holsters could be a bit tight.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
more and more i read up on this, the more i think this could become a viable option for some, and the fact it fits in G19 holsters makes it a little easier to take a chance on.

I was wondering how much taller it was than my G19, and seems i just saw it comes in at 5.2 height, 7.36 length, and 1.25 width.

The Width is interesting, being 1.18 glock vs 1.25 CZ if that is correct from gunsamerica, and the fitment into glock holsters could be a bit tight.

Ambi slide stop? That's usually the widest point

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

good point forgot about the ambi controls

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

good point forgot about the ambi controls

Stuart from CZ Custom posted a picture of the P10 in his hand here. You can see there is a little ridge on the frame greater or nearly the width of slide stop. No pictures of the other side...yet.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post