SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
UGLY! a mix between the caracal and the PPX...
I found the Glocks ugly but with Time i can see them as good looking pistols!

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I won't buy one, but more competition on the market is good for us consumers. More choice always a good thing. Just another gun, along with the VP9 and PPQ, to force Glock to make a sweet trigger for their next generation. Hopefully CZ works on their mag prices as that very reason is why I sold my P-09.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting. The more choices the better. Especially now that there will be a pro 2A president in office. ore things to spend money on Smile

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Lee
posted Hide Post
If I may, after having has the chance to examine the P-10C in person, it has some very unique design features that make it appealing from an engineering standpoint. The trigger bar and the ambi slide release fully encapsulate the magazine channel. This makes both parts much more robust and rigid. Anyone who has seen an M&P ambi slide stop fracture will appreciate the resistance to flexing, especially for southpaws using the levers to drop the slide.
The barrel footprint is larger than any other striker fired pistol that I have seen. While I have yet to do any accuracy testing,I believe this is the foundation for outstanding accuracy.

The striker block is integrated into the striker assembly (the rear cover plate retainer to be more precise)so no worry about losing the plunger, spring or having to remove the rear sight as on the M&P. It is all one captive unit.

Trigger pull weight can most likely be increased or decreased, at least in the range of 1 lb +/- by swapping 2 springs ( I haven't done testing on this yet, but will in the future).

The grip texture is very similar to a Glock RTF- very aggressive slip resistant pattern. It also has a more rounded palm swell-y feel to it, much like the P320.

I haven't shot it yet to see how,it behaves dynamically so I cannot,give my opinion on that yet. But that will occur very soon.

While it would be premature for me to say it's the best gun ever, from what I see so far, it is very well designed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Randy Lee,

------------------------------
"The Dremel is my friend."

Posts: 1462 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Lee:
If I may, after having has the chance to examine the P-10C in person, it has some very unique design features that make it appealing from an engineering standpoint. The trigger bar and the ambi slide release fully encapsulate the magazine channel. This makes both parts much more robust and rigid. Anyone who has seen an M&P ambi slide stop fracture will appreciate the resistance to flexing, especially for southpaws using the levers to drop the slide.
The barrel footprint is larger than any other striker fired pistol that I have seen. While I have yet to do any accuracy testing yet, I believe this is the foundation for outstanding accuracy.

The striker block is integrated into the striker assembly (the rear cover plate retainer to be more precise)so no worry about losing the plunger, spring or having to remove the rear sight as on the M&P. It is all one captive unit.

Trigger pull weight can most likely be increased or decreased, at least in the range of 1 lb +/- by swapping 2 springs ( I haven't done testing on this yet, but will in the future).

The grip texture is very similar to a Glock RTF- very aggressive slip resistant pattern. It also has a more rounded palm swell-y feel to it, much like the P320.

I haven't shot it yet to see how,it behaves dynamically so I cannot,give my opinion on that yet. But that will occur very soon.

While it would be premature for me to say it's the best gun ever, from what I see so far, it is very well designed.

Thank you for the review, sounds promising.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that review was refreshing.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:

Looks like the SIG 320 to me. So I guess maybe your "UGLY" comment is accurate.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
CZ makes excellent firearms, I'd expect nothing less from this one.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
I found the Glocks ugly but with Time i can see them as good looking pistols!

Sir, I have a PPX, this gun is no PPX...not much out there equals the ugliness of the PPX! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
CZ makes excellent firearms, I'd expect nothing less from this one.

I agree....didn't they have a striker fired gun in the late 90's to 2005 or 2006? Funny in that almost any time a new gun comes out, we hear the standard stuff...how dare a company make a striker fired gun, with sights, a mag release, a grip and made of metal!! Especially a company like CZ, they have never made a good gun after all...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gunguru123,

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Hi-Point.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy Lee:
The barrel footprint is larger than any other striker fired pistol that I have seen. While I have yet to do any accuracy testing yet, I believe this is the foundation for outstanding accuracy.

Thank you. I should have one in my hands in the next couple of weeks I hope.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Looks like a Hi-Point.

What looks like a Hi-Point? The CZ 10? Surely you jest sir!

CZ-P-10-C-Suppressor-Ready-900x597 by Jon Marlar, on Flickr

hipoint by Jon Marlar, on Flickr

Wait...wait...I see the resemblance now. Both are black, have triggers, sights, a grip, etc.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Kinda bummed they dropped the "slide in frame" design of the 75, and I'm not crazy about stock P07/09 sights, but I'm loving everything else. It has everything I do to a Glock in a package cheaper than a Glock. And the thought of running 19+1 out of this when the 09 mags merge or the full size 10 comes out is rather attractive.

But when do we get in in .45?

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's sometimes a shame that these threads get deleted after time, or now would be a good time to bring back the thread when Sig introduced the P320.

I think it may have been entitled "Sig drops another turd on us at SHOT"

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I won't buy one, but more competition on the market is good for us consumers. More choice always a good thing. Just another gun, along with the VP9 and PPQ, to force Glock to make a sweet trigger for their next generation. Hopefully CZ works on their mag prices as that very reason is why I sold my P-09.

The very reason I went back to Glock, I also had a P09 and the $40.00 + dls magazines it was too much for me not to mention that my P09 needed a trigger job and the aftermarketplace parts availability is close to nothing.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's up on their website now. And, somewhat strangely, as a .40 (I'm guessing this will be corrected, since the specs say .40 but the picture shows 9mm.)

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-10-c/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
It's up on their website now. And, somewhat strangely, as a .40 (I'm guessing this will be corrected, since the specs say .40 but the picture shows 9mm.)

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-10-c/

If you click the arrow in "stats" it scrolls between 40 and 9mm.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
Oh, yeah. Didn't see the arrow (which camouflages pretty nicely.)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
I think it looks sexy, but I really don't care what a it looks like I care how it runs.

It sounds like a winner to me. I'm in

CZ makes excellent products and I'm sure this will be a great line.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Lee
posted Hide Post
CZ pistols have been part of my collection for several years. DA/SA action work that can be performed on the 75 versions can be jaw droppingly good. Ergonomics, accuracy and all the other praises that everyone else touts- all true. But they do have their weaknesses like any other pistol out on the market.

The P-10 is an evolution in the design process of the CZ. For instance, one of the complaints people have mentioned to me at matches (when I use my SP-01)has been that the slide in frame design leaves very little surface area of the slide cocking serrations. Large hands in gloves would find it challenging to clear a stoppage. The designers must have had this in mind when they started.

The marketing strategy is pure genius. If I wanted to hit the LE market, peripheral accessories become a critical factor- like duty holsters. So designing the frame and slide dimensions identical to the venerable Glock is sheer brilliance. For a 1500 officer department looking to get away from the Glock, not having to wait for Safariland to develop a new holster pattern and having to place a large purchase order could sway the decision making process.

I look forward to really putting rounds down range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Randy Lee,

------------------------------
"The Dremel is my friend."

Posts: 1462 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post