SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2009 S.A.A.S.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2009 S.A.A.S. Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a SP2009 and it has S.A.A.S. Written on the right side in white. Can’t seem to be able to find any info on it and was wondering if any one here may be able to shed some light on this for me. Not real crazy about the gun but got it cheap enough.

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
SP2009 S.A.A.S.
Does it have a safety? Can you post a picture?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how to post pictures.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry, don't know, but looks really cool. And nice photo.
Congratulations on the find.
Someone here will know.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
South Africa something?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was kind of thinking maybe Swiss. I can’t find a picture of another one like it.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
SP2009 by James Keen, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Stuttering Special Air Service dudes gun. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Wikipedia, only Colombians authorities used the SP2009 in any quantity. The same source states that any Swiss agencies in question were only issued the compact SPC2009 and not the full-size version.

Neat gun, btw.

The lettering to me seems kind of "loud"; maybe it once belonged to some security firm...or perhaps one of its past owners had S-A-A-S as his initials. :shrug:

I look at it and my mind's eye keeps wanting to change it to "K-A-O-S".

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"S.A.A.S is a permanent entity, with a hierarchical and professional organization, specializing in security and civil nature, under whose responsibility is security, prevention actions and any necessary administrative and logistical support of the President and Vice President of the Republic. Exclusive state entity that ensures the security of the President and Constitutional Vice-President of the Republic of Guatemala and their respective families."

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
OLD_COP, interesting.

jkeen579, nice looking SP2009, any chance you can post a picture of the label on the box, or post the part number. Should be something like - 2009-9-B

I would expect there to be some additional letters or numbers indicating a contract run.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Always liked the 2009’s, passed on many back in the day. Nice find regardless of what can be proven of it’s history.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I think it stands for “Sigs Always Amaze Shooters”... Lol

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked to the person I purchased it from and he said it has something to do with the French Police.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkeen579:
I talked to the person I purchased it from and he said it has something to do with the French Police.

I doubt that he knows any more than the next guy. SIG specifically designed the SP2022 for the French police.

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My first thought was maybe an armored car contract given the blue "L.E." box but my search didn't reveal anything. Nice hard to find gun.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
SIG will do custom runs or laser engraved pistols for group buys for the right number of minimum orders.

RHINOWSO’s last squadron (VFA-103) did a run of 220 Carry pistols with the squadron logo on it and I think DocSteve’s crew did a run too.

Could be a run for the San Antonio Asshole Society or stand for “SEALs Are Always Swimmin’” Big Grin Razz Wink Who knows?! Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
at this point in the technology anybody can put anything on a slide. without some providence and documentation on what it is and who its for, its just something on a slide. I think it looks amateur and not something you would see officially, but that's just me.
Enjoy the gun they are actually nice.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post