SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P228 Magazines from CDNN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P228 Magazines from CDNN Login/Join 
posted
Greetings!

Has anyone tried these magazines from CDNN:

CDNN Sig P228 Magazines

I purchased one with an order hoping they would be marked MecGar or Made in Italy, but there are no markings at all on the mags. It looks identical to another MecGar 13 round magazine I have, the floor plates have the same markings which are probably standard...

Can anyone provide feedback?

Posts: 242 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've not seen these in person. But if there's no 'Made in Italy' rollmark anywhere on the housing, it's doubtful that they were sourced from Mec-Gar. Since you've described them as nearly identical to your Mec-Gar mag, I'm presuming that the back face is plain with no dovetail or zipper seam. If indeed they're OEM like CDNN claims, then that appears to only leave Checkmate as the maker...or SIG NH is starting to make their own magazines...or they've farmed it out to someone else not previously used.

Great price though. Might be worth taking a chance on for my own P228 and P229s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth:
quote:
CDNN's Description:

it's original equipment; which means it's manufactured in the same factory using the same process as the magazines that shipped with the gun originally.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it. 13-rounders for the P228/229 can only be either the original German zipperbacks or dovetails, or the Italian Mec-Gar, and no others. So, you will be gtg.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
Well, there definitely not the original 'german' magazines as they do not have the stamped-in spring guides at the bottom of the mag tube. These had either a 'zipper' or a 'dovetail' seam along the back as well as the 'triple-S' logo stamp.

I have at least 20 of them as I prefer them over anything else. I went looking for them in mint condition a number of years ago on sites such as Gunbroker.

I would stick to only the modern P228 Mec-gar mags. The price of $16.99 seems a little low for a Mec-gar but I have been out of touch for a number of years regarding their cost.

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I have 20 of these. 5 I've been using as range mags and the other 15 are stored for a rainy day. CDNN had a sale on them a few years ago for 8 or 9 bucks a piece. I have been very happy with them.

They have the same style of phosphate coating some of my other Sig mags have. Followers and springs are identical to factory mags. They have worked flawlessly for me. You can tell they are made to a higher standard than Promags. Honestly, if you stamped Sig or Mec-Gar on them, I'd never notice.

If I didn't have so many of them, I'd get a few more just to store. They come soaked in grease/oil with a plastic baggie around them and then inside a heavy duty bag with insert.

I wondered if they were some government contract overrun like we used to see with Beretta 92 mags?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Which SIG OEM mag manufacturer makes the phosphate coated ones? I recall Mec-Gar makes nickeled, blued, and what they call "Anti-Friction Coating" ones. Do they also do phosphate coating or is it Checkmate or is it both?

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the phosphate coating the ones that rust so quickly? I have a 9mm 229 that came with three 13 rnd mags. They have a rough park-like coating that doesn’t protect from corrosion very well.

Posts: 164 | Registered: March 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post