SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Beretta 92 fs fun (picture up).
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta 92 fs fun (picture up). Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
On the BerettaUSA website factory 17 round mags are $15.00 each for 3 or more and free shipping.
Promo code HALLOWEEN3 for the shipping.
Good till 11-1 .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
On the BerettaUSA website factory 17 round mags are $15.00 each for 3 or more and free shipping.
Promo code HALLOWEEN3 for the shipping.
Good till 11-1 .

Nick, thanks for the heads up!

I got all kinds of stuff...

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 questions for you fellas. Are the Italian Berettas still triple serialed? And what is your finish like?

Picked one of these up as well and finish is meh... not bad, but it was rougher than the '14 92a1 I have already. Got the same mark on the slide the other thread is talking about as well, but not as bad as those shown.
Upside is I won't feel bad about putting it in a holster.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Wolfe mine doesn't have the mark and the finish seems durable maybe not pretty but very serviceable.
As usual I became side tracked and put the 92 up and have been messing with Glocks, CZ's and currently 1911's.... Razz

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The frame finish for Italian 92s changed a couple years ago.

Over on the Beretta forum about a year or two ago there was some discussion about the new frame finish/anodizing. Someone called BUSA to ask about it and they couldn't give him a straight answer regarding why the Italians made the change but the general consensus on the forum indicated a change in the method due to some silly EU regulation.

All of my Italian Berettas are from before the change but I think others' examples of the new anadizimg have held up to wear (at least I haven't seen any new threads complaining about excessive wear).

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not so much a wear issue for me, im just not impressed by it. Looks splotchy I guess. Almost like there are visible machine marks before the frame was annodized.

Anybody know if Italians are still serialed on slide, frame and barrel? Mine is marked made in italy, but only serialed on the frame.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Not so much a wear issue for me, im just not impressed by it. Looks splotchy I guess. Almost like there are visible machine marks before the frame was annodized.

Anybody know if Italians are still serialed on slide, frame and barrel? Mine is marked made in italy, but only serialed on the frame.

No they aren’t.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post