SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Beretta 92 fs fun (picture up).
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta 92 fs fun (picture up). Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted
PSA has been having these on sale for $450 for a week or two now and I had to jump on it.
Picked it up today, got home and put 100 rounds through it after a quick field strip and lube. (of the 92)
shoots great and I have 500 rounds more to go through this weekend!
It's been 20 some years since I owned a 92FS once I got a mag or so through it I began to wonder why the hell I got rid of my last one.
I've ordered a number of things for it already but can't find a D spring to change out the heavy ass hammer spring.
The Glocks may be resting for awhile.
Pics eventually. Anyone else post up some pics and ideas of simple things to change that will improve it.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brownells has the D spring, but currently out of stock. I ordered one last year for an A1. here

Is your PSA Beretta an Italian or US production gun?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
The Beretta G Conversion kit is a nice option. Converts your FS to "decocker" only.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GP229, that's about double the cost of sourcing the parts individually. Otherwise, BUSA has treated me well in my limited transactions with them. I simply like Brownells because I can get parts for multiple projects on one shipping bill and am usually not in too much of a hurry to wait for better pricing.

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Brownells has the D spring, but currently out of stock. I ordered one last year for an A1. here

Is your PSA Beretta an Italian or US production gun?

Italian. I thought it would be US.?

I have notification alert from Brownells for when the D spring is available..

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Check wilson combat.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Don't forget these guys. Have used them several times over the years

https://www.gunsprings.com/BER...N/cID1/mID2/dID36#63

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Midway has the 16# Wolff springs. Same as D spring. I put one in my M9, and it runs flawlessly.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...centurion-40-s-and-w

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I put over 300 rounds of all kinds of ammo through it today.
Trigger is smoothing up though still heavy, I have some of the Wolff springs ordered.

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I am taking my trusty 1987 Beretta 92F out to do an IDPA classifier tomorrow. I used this pistol to do my first classifier 7 years ago and did quite well (SSP Marksman). It has been a while since I used it so we will see how I do with it.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17 round mags? Bases look a little thick for standards. Looks good regardless.

posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 series pistol is probably my favorite design (with Sig as a close second). I've added a mixture of Beretta USA sourced and Wilson Combat parts to my examples of the 92 and the first two upgrades that I would recommend above all else is the 'D' spring and a set of VZ G10 grips (I like the tactical slant pattern).

Here's a link to the BUSA site for a steel trigger and 'D' spring combo pack that I have used.
http://www.berettausa.com/en-u...ammer-spring/e00691/

Here's a link to the VZ site to see a selection of their products (they supply the grips to WC) and will reduce the grip width.
https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/beretta-92

Later, if you feel like upgrading the 92 further, there are a number of WC products I would recommend; the oversized mag release, single sided safety/decocker, and guide rod are nice options.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Be...-92_96/products/465/

All in all, congrats on the new pistol.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
My favorite piece in my entire collection is my year 2000 92fs. I have since added a few more and they are all awesome, including my 1994 Inox I just picked up! Congrats!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried the Beretta for several years. I own several now, but not my original. When my son returned from his first deployment recently, he'd had his 21'st birthday while downrange. As a birthday/return-alive gift I got him a Beretta 92FS. I did the same PSA sale purchase. It came remarkably fast (three days, I think).

He thought it was okay...but remarked that he'd rather have a Glock. Maybe his next time around.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I carried the Beretta for several years. I own several now, but not my original. When my son returned from his first deployment recently, he'd had his 21'st birthday while downrange. As a birthday/return-alive gift I got him a Beretta 92FS. I did the same PSA sale purchase. It came remarkably fast (three days, I think).

He thought it was okay...but remarked that he'd rather have a Glock. Maybe his next time around.

Congrats for his coming home and his service! Glocks can be picked up anywhere I'm sure he will come around to appreciating the 92.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I'm going to have to call bullshit on this post. PSA has never delivered anything within three days.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
For some reason, every time I see a 92, I just think sexy.

I'm bringing my old 92F to work today. A coworker is bringing her daughter in so I can get her started up on the Beretta and rifle before she heads off to boot. This way she won't go in a complete stranger to guns.

My son said all the stuff we did with the Beretta and AR helped him when he was at boot camp.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I jumped at the PSA sale also. I’ve always wanted a Beretta 92 but thought they were overpriced. At $450 it was a bargain not to be missed.

I was very surprised to receive an Italian made pistol. I was very happy with that.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post