SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ultra Carry adjustable Sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ultra Carry adjustable Sights? Login/Join 
posted
I bought a Sig Ultra Carry in 9mm recently off a guy on this site.

I took it out and shot it today and feel the gun shoots a little to the left.(or maybe it is just me)
Is there any adjustment for windage on these pistols?

It looks to me like the rear sight is adjustable up or down, but not sure about windage?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Unless someone previously added aftermarket adjustable sights, what you may be seeing is a set screw, not an adjustment screw. I believe the oem rear sight is adjustable within the dovetail only for side to side windage but not elevation. A punch and judicious tapping of the rear sight could correct the POI. An MGW tool would be even better for minute adjustments.

However, it might be prudent to have someone else shoot the pistol first to see if they experience the same POI. Sometimes a new (to you) just needs some range time. HK pistols are an example, many shoot low/left with first experience (I did).

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. It is a brand new gun.

So, do I need to loosen the set screw to move the rear sight?

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Thanks for your reply. It is a brand new gun.

So, do I need to loosen the set screw to move the rear sight?

If it is indeed a set screw and not aftermarket adjustable sights, don't try to make adjustments w/o first loosening the set screw. It'll just dig into the machined dovetail. A tiny dab of blue LOCKTITE will maintain the new setting.

I have KIMBER pistols with set screws and the same style of rear sight. Not sure why some manufacturers use them. It might have something to do with the material the sight is machined from, ie polymer, MIM or aluminum as opposed to steel.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Once again, shoot it from a rest. It’s probably you, not the gun.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That I did right, I did shoot it from a rest.

When I found where it was shooting, I aimed a little more right and it did shoot a little more right.

I then tried the draw and 2 to the torso and 1 to the head keeping in mind that I needed to keep right. Those came out as expected.
But I would like to move the sights, which are factory.
It kinda looks like the front sight also has a set screw and might move left or right??