SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 frame mods
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 frame mods Login/Join 
posted
Gang, has anyone cut down an X carry grip to subcompact size? I did see a cool pic of a carry length with sub upper that someone did.

They are up to something I think. My X carry grip says “M” I called customer service and they said they were working on other sizes. When you search the Sig site you find a full, compact, sub, ultra and micro frame size but no pics or further mention? I wonder what is coming?

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I cut down an X carry grip module to compact size so that I can use my 320 for IDPA CCP competition. I took off about .2 inches. Not quite all the way to sub-compact size but what I did works great.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MRW, did you just cut it flush? What did you use for mag base plate? I wondered if the flush carry base plate fits on the compact mags O.K.?

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am about to cut down a full size x series grip down to a compact size. I have a ton of compact magazines so it makes sense. I plan on cutting it straight across and then stippling the grip. I have cut the "wings" off of my compact magazines so I do not think I should have any problems.

I will post pictures when the work is complete.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
I am about to cut down a full size x series grip down to a compact size. I have a ton of compact magazines so it makes sense. I plan on cutting it straight across and then stippling the grip. I have cut the "wings" off of my compact magazines so I do not think I should have any problems.

I will post pictures when the work is complete.

This is what I did and it works fine. I am also going to glue and grit my grip module, it will only be used for competition.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MRW, I would like to cut my X-Carry frame to fit my Compact mags. What did you use to make the cuts? Would you mind posting a picture of the finished product? Thank you.

Posts: 15 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post