SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Cracked Frames??? Is this legit or just hogwash?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Cracked Frames??? Is this legit or just hogwash? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Ok so a friend of mine in the gun industry was telling me how the P320 was having all these issues - basically frames cracking. In assuming he meant the grip module. I have neither seen this nor heard anything more than obscure rumors about this.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Paste the video link in between those 2 brackets. Click on shared first in youtube, copy the link and paste it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
You might also ask him for some specifics. I am skeptical especially since I don't recall a single post on this forum about such problem.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Paste the video link in between those 2 brackets. Click on shared first in youtube, copy the link and paste it.

Sorry no video - just my fat fingers hitting the wrong icon.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I've never heard anything like this. I'm sure we'd all be talking about it if it was anything of significance. I'd ask for examples.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
That would have shown up here if it was real. Fortunately, if it do s show, it would be an easy fix compared to a traditional frame cracking.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hogwash.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My stupid theory is, if the frames were cracking, it would have shown up first in the P50. That gun has been on the market long enough for us to have heard about it. Further, even if it does, so what? I would speculate SIG would ship out a replacement frame and all would be well in very short order. Now, if you can get me a source on inexpensive mags for the 320....

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it's mostly sour grapes by Glock fans all you have to do is go to any MHS post on other websites and you read numerous posts by people claiming they work at a gun store and lots of Sig 320s are being returned because of cracked grips or they claim they have inside knowledge of some law enforcement agency that adopted the 320 is having large scale malfunctioning, etc.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Hogwash.

There you go. Another fake news story busted.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fake news. If Bruce says "hogwash" it's hogwash.

I check the SF several times a day and have been actively following every P320 thread since 2014. Nada...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I'm glad Bruce weighed in. I actually called my fellow Rangemaster at one of these alleged agencies with issues. Hogwash confirmed. He says they've been great. His only caveat was that they've only had them about 1 year so he couldn't speak to overall longevity over time.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok so a friend of mine in the gun industry

By "industry" are you talking about working in a gun shop?

This sounds like total fantasy. there has been no such issues, not even with the grip modules.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Bruce would probably be among the first to know if this was occurring. But I've got to wonder if someone used a really hot re-load or performed to deep of a DIY stippling? All it would take is just one person and it becomes a common occurrence via the internet.

None of my three 9mm are effected...but I do shoot only standard pressure factory loads.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The SIG P320 frame cracks when the first round is fired. Everyone knows this. It's on the internet.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Ok so a friend of mine in the gun industry

This sounds like total fantasy. there has been no such issues, not even with the grip modules.

Gun industry as someone who works for a rival manufacturer...

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
[QUOTE]Ok so a friend of mine in the gun industry

Gun industry as someone who works in the manufacturing side.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hogwash.

When Bruce Gray speaks, people listen.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hogwash.

[/thread]

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even if the "frame" (grip module) did crack (hypothetically), you could just get a new one. It doesn't bear the stresses of firing and cycling, the internal "fire control" unit or chassis would.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post