SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New VP9 - First Range Trip ---- **Range trip #2 update pg 2**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New VP9 - First Range Trip ---- **Range trip #2 update pg 2** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really want to like mine, but I hate HK's "combat" sight picture. I see hits significantly low out to past 25 yards. I need to buy some sights that are more my style.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Range trip #2. Happy to report 100% function with 150rd of Remington UMC 115gr and 60rd of Speer Gold Dot 124+p. Still trying to zone in and get better consitency on the trigger pull. For the second picture below that was rapid fire and a mix of looking for the front sight and kind of point shooting. I was trying out a few things, seeing what kind of hits I could get with just naturally pointing and squeezing at 7 yards. Still factory sights on this one...going to have to pick up a set of Trijicon HD XR Orange at some point. I seem to be pushing left slightly. It really showed up at 25 yards with just aiming at the center torso everything was left and I was aiming and slow fire. Thinking about swapping the small grips out and putting the mediums back on next trip and see what that does. The two clean holes in the x-ring at 7 yards were the first two shots in that group. I dont know if I lose focus, get tired or am naturally manipulating the shots left with the grip or trigger. Looking back at the pics on page one, the shots on bullseye and the shots at the "7" were also left.

7 Yards - Standing, two hand, aiming, relatively slow fire

Same target at 7 yards with a few rapid fire mags.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have the medium blackstrap and large side panels on mine, make a pretty big difference depending on your paws. Looks good!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post