SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will Glock24 .40 magazines feed 357 Sig ammo reliably?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Glock24 .40 magazines feed 357 Sig ammo reliably? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
S&W M&P .40 and Sig .40 magazines will feed 357 cartridges in my pistols.

I'm looking for 357 Sig Glock magazines with greater than 15 round capacity.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
S&W M&P .40 and Sig .40 magazines will feed 357 cartridges in my pistols.

I'm looking for 357 Sig Glock magazines with greater than 15 round capacity.

I have the twenty-two round .40 S&W Glock mags that I use for both of my .357 SIG Glock pistols and the .357 SIG caliber PCC that takes Glock magazines. They feed in both pistols and PCC just fine.

I have Arredondo +5 extensions on some of the twenty-two round mags.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Same here. They should serve you well for many years.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your .40 mags will run .357 ammunition, though the followers for .40 mags and .357 Sig mags are different.

I run .40 mags for my .40 pistols, and .357 Sig mags for my .357 Sig pistols.

Glock mags are inexpensive; far less than just about any other manufacturer. There's no reason not to use the correct magazines.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Your .40 mags will run .357 ammunition, though the followers for .40 mags and .357 Sig mags are different.

Glock mags are inexpensive; far less than just about any other manufacturer. There's no reason not to use the correct magazines.

Not sure I have ever seen an extended Glock factory mag for .357

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone please explain why MecGar makes CZ mags that are stamped 9 on one side and 40 on the other. With appropriate witness marks on each side.

I have never used 9 and 40/357 mags in the opposite guns but the dimensional differences must be fairly minimal.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've had a bunch of the 22 round .40 magazines since they first came out. They work fine. I eventually switched the followers over to 357 #4 when I bought a bunch. The latest 40 #10 and 357 #4 followers look almost the same.

I never tried them in .40 and only used them with 357 in gen3 31/32/33 and gen4 31/35

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Not sure I have ever seen an extended Glock factory mag for .357

Can't say I've seen them here either, but then again, I also couldn't find any for .38 Super. Big Grin

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have run 40s and 357s in my Glock 40 and 357 mags interchangeably

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, guys, I just placed an order.

quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

... and the .357 SIG caliber PCC that takes Glock magazines. They feed in both pistols and PCC just fine.

Which PCC, ARMT Guy? Smile

quote:

sn3guppy, I was not able to find Glock 357 Sig magazines holding more than 15 rounds.

.40's are available as 22 round capacity versions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I will add that .40 and .357 Sig mags now come with plus power 11 coil springs. They used to come with standard 10 coil G17 springs. Make sure you have the latest springs.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Someone please explain why MecGar makes CZ mags that are stamped 9 on one side and 40 on the other. With appropriate witness marks on each side.

I have never used 9 and 40/357 mags in the opposite guns but the dimensional differences must be fairly minimal.

Throw a 9mm bbl in a .40 P239, and. you can run 9mm out of the .40 mag or use a 9mm mag. I've done the same in a P226, using a .40/.357 mag, and while sig makes a dedicated .357 mag in the P239, the .357 rounds run fine out of a .40 mag. .40 doesn't work the other way, though, because of the constriction on the mag body.

There are a number of manufacturers where that's true, I suspect, but in the case of Glock, the magazines are so affordable to begin with, to me it only makes sense to keep the proper mags foreach firearm.

If I start mixing ammunition in magazines, sooner or later I'm going to end up trying to chamber the wrong ammunition, and I don't want to get to that point.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

... and the .357 SIG caliber PCC that takes Glock magazines. They feed in both pistols and PCC just fine.

Which PCC, ARMT Guy? Smile

Lone Wolf made the lower, which I later had a LRBHO added by the company that made the upper, Macon Armory.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post