SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mass man suing Glock, Inc., and others for $1 million over 'exploding pistol'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mass man suing Glock, Inc., and others for $1 million over 'exploding pistol' Login/Join 
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
"The recoil and force from the exploding gun violently spun around the Plaintiff's body and knocked him to the ground. Shrapnel from the gun struck the Plaintiff's face and body," it adds.
Dang, spun him around and everything. Knocked him down, the whole nine yards. Roll Eyes

The exact reasons why I will never own a 10mm.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The douche is trying to blame everyone. I hope the case gets tossed.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a backdrop, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey in 2016 took aim at Glock and Remington, another prominent gun manufacturer. She invoked her powers under the state's consumer protection laws to investigate the firms and demand reams of safety complaints from customers, arguing the Glock models were "prone to accidental discharge."

Healey suggested Glock had been warned and ignored red flags to that point, and cited gun violence as a "public health crisis" in court papers.

Glock and Remington fired back in Suffolk Superior Court with lawsuits against Healey's office.

Lawyers for Glock said her intent was merely "to harass an industry that the attorney general finds distasteful and to make political headlines by pursuing members of the firearm industry."

Healey disputed those claims as "incorrect and irrelevant."

Damn guns accidentally discharging.

posted Hide Post
Is accidental discharge the same as I accidentally pulled the trigger and it discharged?

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
As soon as I saw "Buffalo Bore Ammunition", I was no longer interested in the issue.

I was taught that when you pull the pin on Mr. Handgrenade, unfriend him.

Same. I use Speer Lawman, and Federal/American Eagle fmj's, HST's for jhp carry ammunition. Name brand only and I don't mind paying the extra $20 or so per case. If you need to have supercharged ammunition, perhaps go to a more powerful caliber, such as a big caliber revolver.

I'll never understand this....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm, I'm a huge 10 MM fan, and I've hand-loaded some rounds that were pretty stout in my Glock 20 and 29sf. Buffalo Bore has never been a problem for me but I WILL add that I was shooting an aftermarket barrel with full support. I have personally split cases, flattened primers, and created 2.2 earthquakes with my loads but NEVER any Glock damage.
I do recommend an upgraded (20 lb) RSA, so you don't beat the heck outta the gun. There is also a thorough visual check of ALL stress areas on my 10 MM Glocks before and while cleaning. I am just a responsible shooter. 50 years and I still have ALL my digits. Bottom line, I LOVE to load 10 MM FLAMETHROWERS! Big Grin

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
"The recoil and force from the exploding gun violently spun around the Plaintiff's body and knocked him to the ground. Shrapnel from the gun struck the Plaintiff's face and body," it adds.
Dang, spun him around and everything. Knocked him down, the whole nine yards. Roll Eyes

The exact reasons why I will never own a 10mm.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:

LMFAO. Bullshit. Was that cartridge loaded with C-4?

More like he fell to the ground afterwards. Crying.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The recoil and force from the exploding gun violently spun around the Plaintiff's body and knocked him to the ground.

Suppose Isaac Newton would testify as a defense witness?
Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I respect what Mr. Gray has to say. When I adopted the Glock 20, I was concerned about not only safety, but possible damage to the gun (and me)and accelerated wear when using true Norma spec ammo.
I went with the Underwood 180 grain load at 1300 FPS. I did this only after I called and spoke with Undewood and they told me their ammo was close to SAAMI max, but did not exceed it.
So far, no sign of overpressure or gun wear using the Underwood load. Cases show no sign of excessive pressure.

I am glad to hear that as I shoot Underwood in my Glock 20SF as well. I notice that it has more recoil than the Armscor 10mm which seems underpowered to me.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) A gun grenadine might make a hand spasm

B) If it fired out of battery, this is a normal defective product case, and a million for possibly significant hand or eye damage would not be hard to see

It was a 308, but a rifle firing out of battery is terrifyingly destructive.

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with A, a demolished gun might make the shooter spasm, jump, flinch, etc. in about any direction and appear to have been "knocked down."

Disagree with B, the "out of battery" discharge is wildly improbable. I have seen the residue from some with the casehead found and the primer is invariably hit right in the middle. Proof that the gun was in battery.
Rifles are a different matter. Out of battery discharge of an M1 or M14 is a known phenomenon.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I respect what Mr. Gray has to say. When I adopted the Glock 20, I was concerned about not only safety, but possible damage to the gun (and me)and accelerated wear when using true Norma spec ammo.
I went with the Underwood 180 grain load at 1300 FPS. I did this only after I called and spoke with Undewood and they told me their ammo was close to SAAMI max, but did not exceed it.
So far, no sign of overpressure or gun wear using the Underwood load. Cases show no sign of excessive pressure.

I am glad to hear that as I shoot Underwood in my Glock 20SF as well. I notice that it has more recoil than the Armscor 10mm which seems underpowered to me.

I'm using Underwood 200s at 1250. I did change out the barrel to a heavier duty one and using a 20# spring it's not bad at all.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Weak. Just wants to hit the lottery at Glock's expense.

I had a Glock grenade in my hand when a reload (yes, Titegroup, in a G22, but with a LoneWolf barrel) detonated. Gun did EXACTLY what it should have- mag blew out the bottom, firing pin and most all slide moving parts exited the slide at Mach 400 past my head, barrel cracked at BOTH sides of the lugs, slide tore at ejection port, and the most extreme part was the frame ended up at a 45* angle from the dust cover- tore in half across the front of the grip from the mag release hole to the far side of the grip. Took a 21 os Estwing and a vice to get the barrel out of the slide.

Split my hand open pretty bad, and I'll find out next week (MRI) if any metal stayed in the bone when it blew up so bad. Never have known for sure- may as well find out the hard way

Knocked to the ground? No. Scary as hell? No. Didn't really realize what happened other than it went "Boom" not "Bang". Couldn't feel my right arm for a week from the shock/ recoil though.

I'll try to remember to get pics tomorrow. Suing Glock, LW, or the store I got it from? Never crossed my mind.

I done blowed it up REAL good. She was a hell of a shooter before that though Big Grin

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn. That had to be scary. Hopefully no long term damage to your hand. Interested to hear more details. Gather it was a 40. Appreciate the post.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Ha! Forgot to make photos. Will try to remember...life has been crazy.

No damage to hand, I was very fortunate. Also no shrapnel apparently because nothing came out during the MRI. Phew.

I will NEVER forget that sound...

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post