SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G19.5, what replacement trigger system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G19.5, what replacement trigger system Login/Join 
posted
I am searching for a trigger to replace the original G19.5 trigger. I must admit though, the original is far better than those originally found on the G3 and G4. Those were long ago replaced with Lone wolf and ZevTech. I have no real gripes about either of them, however, I have felt the Apex on my MP9 2.0 and on the PPQ; hardly any take-up and no over-travel and the feel on the finger is very comfortable.
The original G19.5 trigger has some take-up and over travel play, besides the trigger is uncomfortable to the finger. Before I commit to any one system/make, what experiences have you hade with your G19.5 triggers and why have you picked the brand on yours?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hm...I like and prefer the usual Gen3 trigger action better than the Gen5. The Gen5 trigger travel, though arguably better than the customary squishy Gen4s, to my liking is still too filled with imprecise mush to their action if one decides to get all nitpicky about it.

However, shoot any of them like the service gun that they are...it really doesn't matter all that much.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Agency flat triggers. The trigger feel is excellent and since I have small hands it improves my reach to the trigger.

I run these on both Gen3 and Gen5. The Gen3 has a minus connector and the Gen5 is just the trigger.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Johnny Glocks, Vanek, DK are all very good. Johnny Glocks will tune the trigger to your needs.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Salient triggers for me. They are kinda spendy.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my Glocks (19.5, 26.5 & 43) including my P80-34 have APEX triggers. All but the 43 have 4.5lb Glock connectors. It keeps the trigger pull consistent across the models. There is some take-up but very little. It also depends on use. For defense some folks say leave it 100% bone stock. I don't follow that logic but to each his own. Each gun has 1300+ rounds on them and never one FTF or issue.

APEX for me.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Suarez flat faced and the Vickers / Tangodown flat triggers. Not sure if the Vickers comes ready for a Gen 5 but it's just a shoe.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I'm happy with the Gen5 trigger. But, on all my other Gen3&4 Glocks I install 3.5# connector and Agency flat triggers.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post