SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Whats the consensus on the P226LDC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats the consensus on the P226LDC? Login/Join 
posted
I've started to see a few blurbs about this pistol this past year, but I've heard some negative and some positive. Before I obsess about it (any further) I figure people here might weigh in and persuade me one way or another.

IIRC Q had one that was a little rough, but I don't recall how that ended up, and I believe someone else here had one but they got it imported. If you have one, or had one, lemme know what you think of it. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My white LDC went to Robert Burke for his Carry Level Action + QTR, and the result is nothing short of amazing.

The black LDC, I still haven't done anything to it. Yes, its trigger is just as crappy as the white one. I probably will eventually sent it to Burke for the Competition Level Action. Not a priority at the moment, though.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
My white LDC went to Robert Burke for his Carry Level Action + QTR, and the result is nothing short of amazing.

The black LDC, I still haven't done anything to it. Yes, its trigger is just as crappy as the white one. I probably will eventually sent it to Burke for the Competition Level Action. Not a priority at the moment, though.

Is the trigger worse than a 226 with the SRT? I have a TacOps and an extreme and I would call the triggers very, very good, if not great. I'm surprised the LDC doesn't have a great trigger. Isn't it designed as a competition gun? I want one, but don't see any real reason if it's not a great trigger. Thanks!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a triple serial LDC that was made in Germany. The trigger was bad but nothing a trip to Robert Burke could not solve. The sights on the gun are absolutely worthless and there are no other options for the LPA dovetail. Take a look at Bruce’s Instagram page. He milled the slide and installed the adjustable unit from the P220 supermatch/match elite.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
I had a triple serial LDC that was made in Germany. The trigger was bad but nothing a trip to Robert Burke could not solve. The sights on the gun are absolutely worthless and there are no other options for the LPA dovetail. Take a look at Bruce’s Instagram page. He milled the slide and installed the adjustable unit from the P220 supermatch/match elite.

Yikes, well, guess I'll keep what I got. I recently got a NIB 226 off gunbroker and sent it straight to Rick Holm for a trigger job and sights. Should be here soon, can't wait!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post