SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 XL Striker Wear/Damage?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 XL Striker Wear/Damage? Login/Join 
posted
Hi, first post. I held off on the P365 due to the issues that arose early on. I recently purchased the P365 XL. I did a pretty thorough initial range session firing a little over 500 rounds including a variety of hollow points. The gun functioned dang near flawless. The only issue I had was one time it chambered a round but did not reset the trigger. Never had that happen before but it only happened once.

After, I did a thorough cleaning including removing the striker to inspect it and make sure that was no oil or grease in the striker channel. I've never seen a striker look like this. It has what appears to be an angle cut. It isn't mushroomed or anything. Does this look right to anyone else who owns a P365 XL?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jpforrester,

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the link to your picture isn't working. If you're referring the striker tip having an angled cut in it like the link below shows then that's normal. The P365XL has that new striker design to help cut down on primer drag. I believe the change is also now being included in new P365's being produced.

https://i.imgur.com/UWykrCN.jpg

NOTE: Not my image, just an example I found.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, ah3. That angle cut on the striker you shared looks like mine.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You will find them on the SAS and the XL models right now. The others should be forthcoming.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Good information. Thanks, BJS and ah3.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post