SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new Sphinx SDP Alpha Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new Sphinx SDP Alpha Compact Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
...not a bad gun for what I paid. I got it for $730 plus shipping and FFL fee, so $775 out the door. I normally don't talk too much about the price but I don't think I would have paid a grand but 200 less, sure. I may put it in my carry rotation, I will see as I shoot some rounds down range. The trigger is quite smooth though pretty heavy in the DA pull. I read it is 10lbs..ish. Very, very smooth but the SA is excellent, smooth, slight take-up, pushes through the crisp break with a shortish reset. The gun is very well built, though you can see the lines in the metal. It is smooth but they can be seen, odd I think.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new gun. Always liked that one.
Back when I was using da/sa I had looked at this pretty closely. Actually was interested in the subcompact but the reliability was very suspect, at least for the sc. Compact seems solid and doesn’t have the same problems the sc seemed to have. The compact has fantastic ergonomics, love the feel of the grip. Weird the lines in the frame, that’s a first I’ve seen that.

Almost traded my 299 EE for one a few years back but decided not to. The Sphinx felt awesome in the hand but my trigger on the EE is fantastic and as just to good to let go, da is just over 8lbs stock and 3lbs sa. Ended up keeping the 229 but always liked the Sphinx. Great looking gun.

Would have loved to compare the two shooting. Curious as to your impression of shooting that vs your legion.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That looks like it has a lot of CZ in it. Note the slide inside the frame and the index marks for takedown. And the slide shape and serrations remind me of the P-07.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sphinx pistols have long been designed off of the then un-patentable CZ 75. The SDP continues that tradition.

Congrats on the acquisition. Hope it goes well for you. I've considered one of the full alloy framed SDPs in the past, but the once long running SDP thread here on the forum coupled with the Sphinx bankruptcy and the subsequent Kriss USA buyout of the Swiss leftovers has kept me on the sidelines.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
That looks like it has a lot of CZ in it. Note the slide inside the frame and the index marks for takedown. And the slide shape and serrations remind me of the P-07.

Yeah, it is a Swiss made CZ...just generally more expensive. Built like a tank though mine has the machine marks on the frame.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Sphinx pistols have long been designed off of the then un-patentable CZ 75. The SDP continues that tradition.

Congrats on the acquisition. Hope it goes well for you. I've considered one of the full alloy framed SDPs in the past, but the once long running SDP thread here on the forum coupled with the Sphinx bankruptcy and the subsequent Kriss USA buyout of the Swiss leftovers has kept me on the sidelines.

Don’t get me started......

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
Share some more, higher resolution pics if you can. I've been interested in seeing the new US-made version of these.

I have a Swiss made SDP Compact that is really nice. I'm surprised to see the machining marks that appear to be present on yours.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Superb pistol, nice catch

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post