SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ETS mags for SIG coming soon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ETS mags for SIG coming soon Login/Join 
posted
This was a pleasant surprise:

https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Ma...s-for-SIG-s/1843.htm

Is there any concern about a polymer mag vs the regular steel mags? I've liked ETS mags in the past.

Posts: 7 | Location: Kansas City, KS | Registered: June 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have a couple for the Glock G42 and I don't like theem.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
We'll have to see how they execute it.

I had good experience with the G19 (15/17/22rd) and G42 mags, but their G43 mags worked like crap in my pistol. Lots of Failures to feed with anything but ball ammo.

I still use the G42 mags often, but tossed the G43 mags and sold off most of my G19 mag except the 22rd ones.

With the P320 winning the Army contract, it's no surprise to me that ETS is attempting these, especially considering the premium SIG charges for those mags.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ETS mags that are being made for the MP5/clones, seems to be hit and miss with the owners. I own one(1) that was slightly oversize, and I sanded down the seams to help it insert into the magwell a bit easier. So far, it is functioning o.k.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They have also been touting 10mm mags for at least a year now.
1st it was May, then July, I just checked now they are saying October.

I wish they would make nontransparent mags.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder why it is hard for some of the aftermarket companies to make functional magazines. You don’t have to invent anything...just have to trace after something already made...

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything is listed as coming out on October 7th.

I've run the hell out of ETS mags, putting them in rotation with Glock and Magpull mags, zero failures, or issues. They've been dropped loaded and empty in dust, rocks and on concrete to the point that I trust them as much as the factory magazines. That said, for Glock magazines, the factory mags are inexpensive enough, and certainly durable enough, that there's no reason not to carry them.

I've run the ETS magazines in competition (I suck). I've carried them, and frequently use them for the G43 for carry.

I will absolutely grab a bunch of the P320 mags and either run them or beat them until they're trash, to find out. They'll get dropped on concrete and in dirt a lot and they'll get the same treatment the factory mags get now. I won't abuse them more or less. The Glock ETS mags have held up admirably; their performance and durability thus far has been as good as the factory Glock or the magpul verisions (which seem to just keep going, and going).

I'll probably pick up some for the M&P, too.

AS for their HK mags...just feels like heresy, somehow.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Agreed....but if there was ever a need for a quality, cheaper alternative, HK would be the ideal candidate.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I have seen some people running the ETS Glock mags in some classes.
They just worked.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have a couple for the Glock G42 and I don't like theem.

I have a 17 and a 21, they're OK but they don't work in the cold, the followers get stuck.

The Magpul and OEM magazines had no problems on the same day.

I'll stick to Magpul and OEM.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Agreed....but if there was ever a need for a quality, cheaper alternative, HK would be the ideal candidate.

^^^^
Add Walther to the mix as well.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
I received a pair of ETS P320 15rd mags today. Haven't been to the range yet.

Also have their mags for G42, G43 and G19 which work well.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’ve run ETS mags in prosteel matches and seen lots of them used by other folks. I have bounced them off of concrete on reloads, banged them on tables and windowsills, never an issue. About the only time I have seen issues is when people run steel or aluminum cased ammo in them. The steel/aluminum apparently doesn’t slide on the plastic like brass, and they hang up. This is especially true if the non-brass rounds have been loaded for a while and oxidized a bit in the east Texas humidity.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want Mec-gar to produce High cap extended ones.

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post