SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What kind of self-defense ammo do you like for your P365?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of self-defense ammo do you like for your P365? Login/Join 
Picture of moose201
posted
When my P365 gets back from Sig I’m going to have to decide on a self-defense round and run a bunch of it through this piece. What has worked well for you?

Posts: 264 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the all copper 115gr from Barnes and just got to try the 365 carry ammo from sig and both are very accurate with the sig ammo being a little more controllable and faster on follow up shots.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Same thing I use for all 9mm's - 124gr. HST.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m testing my P365 to be one of my carry guns so I’m limited to only Ranger 127gr +P+

It seems to like it just fine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run gold dot 124 gn through most of my 9mm;s; the smaller pistols like the P365 and G43 get gold dot short barrel

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me 115 grain Barnes or the Sig 124 grain. Both work great.

Member Grand Collectors Ass.
Member Nat. Society Sons of the American Revolution
NRA

Posts: 91 | Registered: April 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Speer Got Dot 124gr +P, no problems.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
147gr standard pressure HST in all my 9mm pistols, I don't use +p.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Underwood Extreme Defender
solid copper 90gr.
Very accurate out of both my P365's

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hornady 124g Personal Defense. If you are LEO, Hornady supplies a great LE only round which I use.

Posts: 17 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I've tried 115gr Critical Defense, 135gr Critical Duty, and 124gr Sig V-Crown. All ran fine and grouped very similarly, with a slight nod to the 135gr Critical Duty. Since I have the 115gr Critical Defense in my 229 now, it's probably what I'll stick with unless I find a deal on the 135gr.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
Great suggestions, thanks everybody.

posted Hide Post
Federal HST 124 gr +P

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.luckygunner.com/la...ballistic-tests/#9mm

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great article, I hadn’t seen that before. Thanks for posting.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Hornady 115gr XTP. I have over 1600rds total out of my P365 and about 500 of those are this round.

I tried Federal HST, Fiocchi's with XTP bullets, Golden Sabers, Federal 9BPLE +p+, Winchester Rangers and even older Winchester Silvertips. All of those rounds were flawless but I shot the best groups with the Hornady XTP's.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P for me.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10919 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I was figuring that the 124gr HSTs for Micro pistols would be the ticket, ( they fed and function in my 365 just fine, ) however 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots grouped the best with it, so that's what its loaded with currently.

Today after work, I will be trying out the same load from Speer, but in its 'Short Barrel' version to see if there's any difference between these and the non- short barrel +Ps.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'd start with 147 grain HST, and likely the +P version. 147s don't seem to be as velocity sensitive as lighter bullets.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of g26s239
posted Hide Post
I don't have a 365 but I use Federal HST2 147 grain standard pressure in my rwo 3" barrel 9mms, a Kahr MK9 and Beretta Nano, on the theory that they will lose less velocity in the short barrels. I have several hundred that I bought at a good price.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: September 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post