SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    jumped in the P365 pool with both feet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

jumped in the P365 pool with both feet Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
picked up a 365 today under the blue label police/military program. has a born on date of 18 Dec 2018. sure hope they have the issues worked out with these by that production time. I also manhandled the 365 with safety. the safety lever was thin and low profile but with my large hands and grip technique, I felt like my thumb might ride the safety so I opted for the traditional ' no safety' 365.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cingrats in the new purchase! From most accounts it seems pistols with a manufacture date of July 2018 and later have the issues worked out, so you hopefully should be good to go. Mine was one of the earliest made and it has run 100%, and is a really nice shooting pistol.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the purchase. I just took a 4 hour skills & drills class with mine (picked up about a month ago); the class was an eye opener with that gun. It ran well, but was much harder to grip and draw than the G43 I've been carrying for the last 4 years. Definitely get some training with it beyond your qualification.

You're going to love shooting it!

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Cool

My April '18 365 has over 1500 rounds through it has been my EDC for over a year. Love it!!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been waiting on the thumb safety version, which according to Sig, is now being shipped to dealers. I'm commited now. When I heard they were on the way, I ordered the 12 rd magazine from Osage.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was manufactured October 2018. Seems they have fixed the issues. I have 550 rouns down the pipe with 150 of those being Federal HST 147 grain. Zero reliability issues. You’ll enjoy it especially if you carry appendix. The Raven concealment vanguard works well.

Posts: 418 | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone. I feel much better bout the issues being resolved now. I really appreciate it. the thumb safety version was nice and at the same price, but bc of my grip, I opted for the no safety version. im excited to get this one out to the range.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Been waiting on the thumb safety version, which according to Sig, is now being shipped to dealers. I'm commited now. When I heard they were on the way, I ordered the 12 rd magazine from Osage.

My old LGS posted on facebook a few days ago that they had already received a few.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I recently picked one up as well and initial testing has been very positive. Once I have a few more rounds through it, I hope to replace my G43 with it.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have well over 1k rounds through my 8/18 dob p365 with no issues whatsoever.
It’s my daily carry with the 12 round mag and 1 in the pipe.
Will consider the new 15 round mag but it may be too bulky for my liking.
Enjoy the little rascal.

Posts: 26 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: May 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Congrats, you won't be disappointed, I've had mine just short of a year now, and it made my EDC rotation, totally reliable, accurate and fun to shoot...I never know I'm wearing it, comfortable all day long..lets us know how you like yours...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 800 flawless rounds through mine. Blazer, Independence, Surplus, WWB, Federal, and HST. All performed well except WWB which gave me accuracy problems. I still prefer a larger gun for EDC but this easily replaces my PM9 and I am comfortable using it more often. It can also be clipped to gym or sweat pants and doesn't pull them down. All my holsters for my PM9 fit it perfectly.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My next purchase is a P365 with manual safety. Planning on using it as my primary CCW if all goes well.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for my LGS to get one. In the meantime, I bought a 12 round mag and even with my Uplula, the best I can do is cram 11 rounds in it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two LGS have the P365 with the manual safety in stock. I went by to hold one. The safety is perfectly located and easy to disengage but hard to put back to safe....just as you would want it. Once again, SIG got it right on this pistol. I plan to get one today.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find that Sig has a real winner in the P365. Mine has a mid-February shipping date and has been malfunction free for right at 1000 rounds now. FMJ's, several brands of JHP's, and my own hand cast LSWC's have fed and ejected with no wobbles whatsoever.

Passing the 500 round mark, it became my EDC piece, replacing a venerable Smith M60, a Sig 1911 RCS, and a Sig P290 for various clothing choices. It's capacity, reliability, and when combined with superb accuracy, make it an easy choice. In 50+ years of carrying, in peace and war, I've finally found the perfect carry gun. YMMv, but it works for me. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, I saw a utoob talking about how the P365 takes a really new way of handling (draw, mag swap, etc). This was due to having learning with a larger gun, even slightly. Like using your other hand to release the mag and on the draw a little different manipulation since it is small.

If I am not coming from another gun, is it amy more than just learning your weapon and much practice? Or do you think the xl or 320xc is just more practical and still easily cc?

Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump!

Picture of mrprovy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoDovid:
Hi all, I saw a utoob talking about how the P365 takes a really new way of handling (draw, mag swap, etc). This was due to having learning with a larger gun, even slightly. Like using your other hand to release the mag and on the draw a little different manipulation since it is small.

If I am not coming from another gun, is it amy more than just learning your weapon and much practice? Or do you think the xl or 320xc is just more practical and still easily cc?

Thanks!

I just took a skills and drills class with mine, drawing from a ALS holster. It shoots great, but coming from glocks I had to get used to tipping the gun up slightly to align the sights due to the smaller backstrap (not a big deal, similar to running a RDS on my glocks). The biggest issue was the slower draw, which was a result of trying to get a hold of less gun and acquiring a positive grip from the holster. I got consistent, but not as quick as other, larger guns.

Don't take any of this negatively; I'm carrying the P365 now because it's more comfortable, easier to conceal (Raven Concealment Vanguard 2), and I can carry triple the ammo (11 in the gun and now a 15 round backup).

Posts: 62 | Location: New Yorkistan | Registered: April 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much thanks! I held it this week and found my hand gripping air!