SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    GrayGuns P320 Adjustable Straight Trigger shoe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GrayGuns P320 Adjustable Straight Trigger shoe Login/Join 
posted
Anyone with a newer X series P320 have any experience with this trigger shoe? I'm talking about the trigger shoe only, not the full kit and certainly not the "competition" kit.

Im mostly interested in the adjustable overtravel, and reduced reset. This is a carry so Im wondering if just the drop in shoe lightens up the pull? I am trying to avoid that...

Anyone have it and what do you think? Suitable for carry?

Thanks

Posts: 15 | Location: Buffalo NY | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the straight trigger in my 320. The trigger geometry does lighten the pull. Someone gave me adjustable hybrid trigger and I installed it. Both have a crisp break and reduced reset. Both are good for carry.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the straight and hybrid trigger in competition and carry setups. Without changing spring weights, the biggest change you'll find with the adjustable trigger is overtravel. The P320 has a fairly light trigger to begin with. The lack of overtravel makes for a short reset and a break with nothing more beyond it. I think it makes the trigger much better.

The hybrid trigger changes the geometry somewhat, with the trigger pin and the focal point of the triger itself offset; it makes an additional lever which does reduce the trigger pull. I haven't put it on a scale, but it feels less, as does the straight trigger. It may be more the perception, but whatever the case, it makes for a nice trigger.

While the competition kits do include the trigger, it's the change in spring weights that makes the difference.

In my carry P320's, I find that the Grayguns trigger makes for a cleaner pull, as opposed to a lighter one. If you use the full leverage of the straight trigger, then it could be argued that it's lighter, but I think it's more the way the pull is perceived, and where the trigger is when it breaks, and finishes the break. The P320 had a decent trigger out of the box. With the Grayguns trigger, it's better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Right now I have a stock xcompact flat trigger - so the geometry I think Id be used to. Wondering it it lightens it up beyond the stock flat one. I think I'm gonna pick it up.

Posts: 15 | Location: Buffalo NY | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Grayguns flat trigger in my "x compact." It looks similiar, feels similar, but does offer the overtravel, and in general is a better trigger. Grayguns did offer the trigger previously with an overtravel bushing, which in my experience didn't work so well; I had to file the trigger down to make it work. With the overtravel set screws, it's much better.

Once you get it dialed in, don't forget blue locktite on the set screw.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have a Grayguns flat trigger in my "x compact." It looks similiar, feels similar, but does offer the overtravel, and in general is a better trigger. Grayguns did offer the trigger previously with an overtravel bushing, which in my experience didn't work so well; I had to file the trigger down to make it work. With the overtravel set screws, it's much better.

Once you get it dialed in, don't forget blue locktite on the set screw.

thank you!