SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else ordered an RMRcc?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else ordered an RMRcc? Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
As the title says. I ordered a 3 MOA dot. Planning on trying it on a G43x or G48.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tenmm
posted Hide Post
Looks like it would be pretty slick on compact handguns. Shame they cant keep the window the same size while shrinking the rest.

Posts: 760 | Location: Alaska | Registered: December 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I might once HK has a mounting plate out for the VP9.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit old school. But recently, I dipped a toe into the RMR waters. I brought a P320C with Romeo I Pro. And I put a Streamlight TLR7 on it. I figured I might as well dip my toe into the WML game as well. At the end of the day, I can remove the optic and/or the light if I'm not sold on either concept and just have another P320C.

For now, I need a bit more practice with the optic before I begin training.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The RMRcc is the same length as the RMR, but shorter and narrower. It will not fit micro sight pattern (RMSc, Romeo Zero, and similar) on the P365XL, Hellcat, and various other slim pistols.

It will need a custom cut, or a top mount using the rear sight dovetail on an un-cut slide. Optics ready full width pistols will fit it with less side to side overhang compared to the standard RMR but need a new adapter plate.

With some time, pistols may standardize to the new RMRcc cut but it remains to be seen. Personally I think it will go well on optics ready full size Glocks, HK's, and Walthers to avoid the side to side overhang, and improve concealability a bit.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yep. Well aware of that.

I plan on using ATEI for the cut.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting on prelim report from a buddy who's getting one. Also thinking on backup sights option. The battery housing is the same height as regular RMR and would require suppressor height sights. That would negate the concealment beauty of my 48. Would probably mount the backup sight between the optic and ejection port.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
ATEI is claiming they are making the pocket cut lower so you can us the factory front.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
I really hope so but I would want an independent verification. ATEI milled my G19 at .140 or so depth pocket and that needed a suppressor height. Maple Leaf milled my G26 at .165, you actually have to deal with the screw / extractor plunger interference, and it still wasn't enough to have a true sight pic with normal height sights. I used .260 or .280 front and some standard rear and was getting a very approximate, to say the least, POA at 7 yards.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I guess I’ll be the “independent verification”

It’s a little late now......... Confused

www.opspectraining.com

98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
Shame this just released. I will be getting my G19.3 back from Primary Machine tomorrow with my RMR06 on it. Got a holster coming from Henry Holsters to use with a new TLR-7a light.

I also bought the Sealing Plate so the smaller RMRcc would be nice. I do not know if the window size difference will be that much of a distraction.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did place an order but cancelled it. I was planning to install on a Sig P365xl but after thinking, I did not want the raised height, plus the Holosun I orderd instead has a battery tray so the battery can be changed without removing the sight from the gun, it fits the Sig cut out, and has a back up rear sight in the sight body, all at less than half the price delivered. I suspect the Trijicon is far more durable, but then I am not one that has gone around abusing firearms.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw an RMSc in one of the LGS a week ago and got enough discount to cover tax so I jumped on it. It's on my P365XL now and fits perfectly.

Nice feature on the P336XL is that it has threaded posts that come up into the holes in the sight body. As such it needs M3 screws instead of the M4's that come with it, and I got the perfect screws from McMaster-Carr: black 10.9 grade M3x0.5x12 button head with extended flange - basically the same as an M3 with a washer but one piece. Sits low enough to use the rear notch built in to the sight and the standard front sight. The other option was a Romeo Zero for full price and I looked at a couple and saw the glue at bottom of lens issue that can obscure the iron sight picture.

The 43X and 48 MOS will fit the RMSc which now has a "Glock Edition" with a glass lens. Funny thing is Shield Sights makes a big deal about how the polymer lenses are much more resistant to breakage. My guess is the Glocks eject brass into the lens and they needed glass to avoid the wear.

So that gets us back to the RMR vs. RMRcc. I'd like to put one of these on a full size Glock MOS (G19 or G45). I like how the RMRcc won't overhang the slide to the sides, but I'm not sure if it's really much of an issue, vs. dealing with the smaller window.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I've looked and haven't been able to get a definitive answer, are the mounting holes etc the same footprint as the RMR?

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
I've looked and haven't been able to get a definitive answer, are the mounting holes etc the same footprint as the RMR?

Its different.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post