SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    For those who have shot pre- and post-'upgrade' 320s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who have shot pre- and post-'upgrade' 320s Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
...what are your impressions of the trigger pulls?

I have a 320 that I haven't sent back in for the "upgrade" and I don't feel particularly moved to do so. Well I finally got a chance to shoot a 320 with the "upgrade" (it was one that had been sent back, not a new model with it built in) yesterday side by side with my 320.

The two triggers were definitely distinct; the new one I shot wasn't bad, but it definitely felt different than the original. I'm trying to put my finger on what's different, plus I'm considering getting a new 320 full sized in the future. The 320 compact is my primary carry gun and I don't intend to send it back for "upgrade".

For those who have shot both, how would you characterize the difference?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would characterize it as marginal or negligible. Perhaps indiscernible.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I have two P320s that have been upgraded. I think the upgraded triggers are slightly "crisper" and "cleaner" in the break. I prefer the way they feel now to the way I remember them feeling before the upgrade.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
In had two P320s get the upgrade. I think it was totally neutral, there was no difference I could feel.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have a 9mm compact that was upgraded. The trigger feels, maybe not dramatically, but noticeably crisper. Because it is thinner and reduces the reach, I had to change my finger placement on it slightly to keep from pushing left.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice much difference in the actual trigger weight or break, but I am definitely more confident in the slide activated sear disconnect instead of relying on the second click.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5. The difference is minimal. In fact such that I think any real difference might be in my head. I wouldn’t hesitate to send a gun in for upgrade.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've 4 and mostly I think the upgraded is better overall. Small difference but better. Not sending it in, bad call.
YMMV.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent seven back this last fall. I shot each prior to and immediately after returning. I shot each alongside "upgraded" and pre-upgraded P320's.

So far as I'm concerned, no difference.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No difference here either.

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Upgraded trigger is possibly, maybe, hypothetically, indiscernibly about or nearly the same.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post