SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picking up a new, Custom Colt Commander this week
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picking up a new, Custom Colt Commander this week Login/Join 
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Dave, that's a great looking piece. I've always liked combat commanders, and carried one briefly before the Sheriff I was working for at the time thought it was too "aggressive" looking, and sent me back to a 6906.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perrinyanna:
Looks nice..did you have it "accurized" by hard fitting slide to frame and replacing it with a match barrel ? Or mainly just did cosmetic enhancements?
Too bad the thumb safety was not fitted well to blend with frame radius and the beavertail also has big gaps and did not blend with the frame...hope yo can still bring it back to your gunsmith...if im not mistaken its a Colt XSE right?

Too bad you don't have good enough manners not to shit in another member's thread about his new custom gun.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
what Arfmel said.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a troll/dork!!! If you can't say something nice, then just shut the f**k up!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Looks nice..did you have it "accurized" by hard fitting slide to frame and replacing it with a match barrel ? Or mainly just did cosmetic enhancements?
Too bad the thumb safety was not fitted well to blend with frame radius and the beavertail also has big gaps and did not blend with the frame...hope yo can still bring it back to your gunsmith...if im not mistaken its a Colt XSE right?

Too bad you don't have good enough manners not to shit in another member's thread about his new custom gun.

Im sorry about that. I just get curious sometimes when seeing custom 1911s if mainly what kind of custom work was done to it- accuracy/reliability enhancements or just plain cosmetic works to improve looks. I did not know its improper to point out "flaws" i noticed that can still be improved/rectified...again my apologies to everyone esp.the commander's owner..

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Is your gunsmith the famed John Harrison?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not know its improper to point out "flaws" i noticed that can still be improved/rectified...

Just don't know when to shut up, do you?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Neal Spruil (Hogleg Smith Gunsmithing) was the Smith. He just did the grips, match barrel, conversion to series 70, and bobtail. The sites came with the gun. Turns out they aren't right. The front site isn't the correct height.

Not sure what we'll do about that since they came with the gun. I may just return it and buy something else.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Neal Spruil (Hogleg Smith Gunsmithing) was the Smith. He just did the grips, match barrel, conversion to series 70, and bobtail. The sites came with the gun. Turns out they aren't right. The front site isn't the correct height.

Not sure what we'll do about that since they came with the gun. I may just return it and buy something else.

How are you going to return the gun that's not the original configuration you bought?

Q

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That is absolutely beautiful. I am a big fan of bobbed 1911s. I have two and want more.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Rolan, is there a reason why the front sight cannot be replaced with the correct height sight?

Just curious.

It is a beautiful Colt.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Rolan Kraps, you must have won the lottery!!!

Congrats!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. I have never owned a bobtail but I want to.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
OK, guys. Since you asked here is the deal.

My gunsmith / Dealer bought this gun from another person. The other owner had installed the sites and guaranteed them.

My guy took the gun, bobtailed it, installed short trigger, etc.... I don't think he really wanted to sell it, but I waved cash under his nose and he gave it up.

When we found out the front site was wrong, he's going to take it up with the guy who sold it to HIM.

COULD I have put more money into it and got a different site. Yes, but I wasn't THAT set on it, so I took it back for a full refund. Now. Onto the next item. Maybe an AR Pistol in .223. Unless that guy in the Philippines wants to shit on that too!

Gun is gone, Have my money back, move on.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post