SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Custom/Clean-up work on first gen GSR anyone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom/Clean-up work on first gen GSR anyone? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I'm curious what you might have chosen to do and if you would provide pictures. If you've done a full-boat custom build, that would be great to see.

I have two, one in the shop now for some clean-up. Here is what I've chosen to do. The fit of the grip safety really bothered me. Also there was damage to the front strap from shipping the gun (long story not worth telling).

1. Crown barrel and fit/blend bushing.
2. Checker front and back strap.
3. Fit new grip safety.
4. Heine sights front and back.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any with Sig branded guns but the slides and frames were made by Caspian and for a while they were sold very cheap. They were called the Caspian XR kits. I have seen a few builds using the original frames and manhole cover slides.

This thread discusses the nuances of the XR frames and slides

http://www.northeastshooters.c...-of-Caspian-XR-Stuff

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I stumbled on that XR thread a while back. It was very interesting.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post