SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another maker enters the Glock mag market: Hexmag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another maker enters the Glock mag market: Hexmag Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Concept only, apparently, as they're not available on the web site.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I wonder why so many aftermarket Glock magazines these past few years. Is there a big .gov contract they are chasing (like Britain or something)?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or just an exceptionslly large number of Glocks out there that forms a substantial market.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Call me when someone makes a metal-lined magazine like the OEM mag and sells it for half the price.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ This. Glock has some of the cheapest magazines out there and there is no issue with function. I know some people use cheaper mags for range use but I will only buy oem for only a few dollars more than the clones.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree with Para. I can find enough cheap OEM Glock mags that there is no good reason to use aftermarket. I have one G17 Magpul that I never use mainly just because it's different from all the rest I have.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Did a patent expire? I mean I don't know gun patent law but I assume Glock has or had a patent on their magazine as it's all in house.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but none of the aftermarket magazine makers produce anything like Glock mags. Not really patent infringement, simply because they fit the pistol.

Magpul mags work very well and hold up. So far the experimenting I've done with ETS has been positive.

OEM for carry. I dont see any need for exception.

posted Hide Post
I know Magpul got into it with the idea of selling them as replacements under military contracts, as Checkmate did when they made M9 magazines. No idea about the others, but as many Glocks are out there, there will always be those who would take a chance on an aftermarket product to save a few dollars.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I always thought hexmags were pretty iffy as far as AR mags - have they improved their repuatation?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I always thought hexmags were pretty iffy as far as AR mags - have they improved their repuatation?

From what I read the Series 1 AR mags were iffy and the Series 2 AR mags were suppose to fix the iffiness. I pick some up when a LGS has some cheap but haven’t tried them.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The main reason I like some of the aftermarket mags is the different round counts

I like the Pmag 21 rounders for the 17

The ETS 9 and 12 rounders for the 43 too

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but these got hexture Roll Eyes

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I'm getting my hand on as many standard cap glock mag as I can get my hand on before next election... Pmags also.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
The main reason I like some of the aftermarket mags is the different round counts

I like the Pmag 21 rounders for the 17

The ETS 9 and 12 rounders for the 43 too

Agreed. And the 12 rounders for the 26 with the pinky extension. IMO, those are the best 26 mags on the market because they combine bigger grip and capacity with hardly and size increase.

I don't have any experience with Hexmag products and likely won't venture away from OEM and MagPul for my Glock mag needs.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
Nothing but trouble with both generations of their AR mags, and unless they are going to sell their Glock mags for a buck a piece, it is a hard pass for me. Glock OEM mags are extremely affordable right now, and I supplement those with 21 round rounders for the G19/17 from Magpul for fun at the range.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigP239Hokie:
Nothing but trouble with both generations of their AR mags, and unless they are going to sell their Glock mags for a buck a piece, it is a hard pass for me. Glock OEM mags are extremely affordable right now, and I supplement those with 21 round rounders for the G19/17 from Magpul for fun at the range.

I've have six AR Hexmags and have never had an issue with any of them. Just saying.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
With Magpul and ETS, I don't see myself getting a Hexmag - then again I didn't buy their AR magazines either.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Let me know when Okay starts making Glock mags.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post