SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a new P210 at the Gun Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a new P210 at the Gun Show Login/Join 
posted
Yeah, didn't expect to see any, and to get anything close to a reasonable price. But there were two, one each at two different dealers, both marked at what appears to be MAP.

I made the mistake of holding one and testing the trigger. Damn! The computation style grips are beefy but ergonomic, and the trigger is a real two-stage breaking at 3-3.5 pounds. The first dealer was willing to come down a bit on price, so...

After a bit of take-up, the first stage feels like about 2-2.5 lb, then another pound or so at the break. The 1st stage isn't as glass smooth as something like a Gieselle SSA or SSA-E in an AR, but it's still very good. The first stage appears to camming the hammer slightly (normal part of P210 design), and actuating a firing pin block so that explains it a bit.

The slide to frame fit and barrel lockup are as tight as I've ever seen on an American made Sig, but very smooth and not as hard fit as a Les Baer. Fit and finish are outstanding.

The locking lug is the chamber, not machined lugs like on a 1911 or Hi Power. The look with the new slide stop and safety has a cool retro-modern look to it.

Might not be for P210 purists, but I like it.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I bet your smiling pretty good right now.

Now bring on the pics. Cool

AZGlock13

Posts: 52 | Registered: September 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looking forward to a range report.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Robert Burke could likely get that break down to near 2 lbs. without weakening the mainspring.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Congrats! Robert Burke could likely get that break down to near 2 lbs. without weakening the mainspring.

ouch.....

Congrats to the OP. Let us know more about it.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics...Where are the pics

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, congrats!! hope to see pics and a range report soon!Smile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry but if I don't see pictures it didn't happen. I look forward to seeing them.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Neat! SIG actually produced an American 210, and a member here has one. Doubted I'd ever see the day. Your trigger pull is consistent with what I've measured on German and Swiss SIGs. About 2-2 1/2# as the hammer cams back, then another 1# as the trigger breaks.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Looks like $1479 is the MAP. Is that what you paid?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Cheapest I saw selling was $1449.99 BIN. Was tempted but able to resist. Smile

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new addition

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Looks like $1479 is the MAP. Is that what you paid?

About $1400, so that the total with tax (7%) was $1500 even. Before agreeing I went to the other dealer that had one and asked for a best price - and the guy I talked to said marked price (MAP) was the lowest they can go. So the first dealer got the sale. And maybe I will get something else there since they are only 30 minutes from my office, and in a town I have to visit now and then anyway.

I'll get some pics soon.

One thing I noticed last night after taking apart the mags to clean out the factory rust preventative. The followers are really long, more so then they need to be for stability. Plenty of room for a shorter follower and a 9th round, so I'm not sure why they stuck with 8. The floor plates are thick machined aluminum to increase the length since the grips form a magwell.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post