SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 9 MM conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 9 MM conversion Login/Join 
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted
What do I need to convert my 226 40 S&W to 9 MM and work reliably? Thanks.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basically a new upper half (slide, barrel, recoil spring), plus 9mm magazines.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
All you need is a 9mm conversion barrel and a 9mm magazine.
Several companies make them.
I just received one from Bar-Sto and ordered Mec-Gar 9mm mags.
I believe KKM and Silencerco also make conversion barrels.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Conversion Barrel and mags,

I tried a bar-sto, it did not fit would not allow lockup, bar-sto will fit for free but the shipping you pay, sold it and picked up an EFK fire dragon barrel, it dropped right in with no issues, picked up some mecgar mags locks up without fitting fires perfectly

Bar sto advises that their barrels may or may not drop in

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
I just bought a factory Sig barrel and couple of 20 rounder Mecgar's and was good to go...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeme05
posted Hide Post
I converted an older p229 from .40 to 9mm. The first barrel sent was a Sig 9mm not a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. While it did fit the lock up was in correct and some slack in the barrel/slide. On a conversion barrel the wall is thicker. The correct barrel and 9mm mags and GTG.

Posts: 1375 | Location: West Texas | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Originally I bought a Sig Classic .22.
Then I bought an X-change kit in 9mm. Next was the .40 caliber X-change.
All work fine and never have even burped.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...conversion-kits.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
I just bought a factory Sig barrel and couple of 20 rounder Mecgar's and was good to go...

I'm gonna have to pull a couple of pistols, but doesnt the barrel hood have different dimensions?

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post