SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock...I can’t quit you.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock...I can’t quit you. Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
When the M&P 2.0 came out, I was an immediate fan. I jumped on that train pretty hard and I think I have all of them (excluding the .40 cal). I much prefer the grip of the 2.0 to my Glocks. I actually like the Glock trigger better, but I learned the M&P. I can even shoot the M&P a little better than a similar sized Glock. Not much, but ever so slightly better. I also hate when a slam a mag home in a Glock and it drops the slide; 2.0’s don’t do that.

Having said all that, I still find myself liking my glocks. I don’t get it? I don’t know if it’s the simplicity that draws me to them? The mags that seem to be everywhere? I can’t explain it and makes no sense to me.

Anyone else have this issue? I don’t find them “cool looking” or anything. I think it’s just something about the simplicity that appreciate/dig. It’s weird.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Go buy a G45 they are just the perfect match.

Posts: 5589 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold and bought back my Gen 3 Glock 23 three times already (to the same guy)...........

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Go buy a G45 they are just the perfect match.

I have a G45 already...and a 19X. Even when I switched to the 2.0’s for defensive purposes, I still kept buying Glocks, just didn’t carry them.

After a range trip last week, I’ve been carrying my G26 with TTI +5 baseplate.

I carry appendix, so I like the shorter barrel length. It’s basically the same as my 3.6” 2.0 that I carry.

It’s crazy, I just keep coming back.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Habit is a hard habit to break.

Just Apex an M&P 2.0 compact, and you'll be fine.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Don't feel bad...I've gone through the same silliness.. I have 1911's, a VP9, a Shield, LCP2, and a P320. What do I always come back to...a G43 or my G19/G45...

I am deciding if I want to ditch the non-Glocks for a G34 and the G43X...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My first Glock was a G23 Gen 3 that I purchased new in 2002. The next one I bought was a G19 Gen 5 13 months ago. I love Glocks for CCW, and not much else, oh sure they can make great guns for competition, but others are better. You see, it's like this, when I carry a gun for self defense I demand that it function under all conditions, regardless of weather, is it clean or not, or is it well lubed. Glocks just can not be beat in the pistol arena for utter reliability.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Been on the Glock train for 4 years now after plying the HK / SIG / Walther game.

Nothing wrong with HK, which was the other pistol I carried the longest (P2000SK Light LEM), but until recently with the M&P9C 4" 2.0, no company matched the G19. Sure some came close, but were always heavier, longer, fewer rounds, or fired when dropped.

Add in aftermarket options, ease of MX, longevity of the company and Glock 9MMs are the easy pick for me. I like the G45 as well for a larger pistol, with the G42/43s for smaller options in hot weather.

I still have some other pistols but they are safe dwellers. I don't think that I have shot a SIG or HK in 2 years...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yep, gone through that revolving door myself.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel you. I am not a super fan of Glock
But can't seem to get away from a G19.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It’s the grip angle and how they shoot, no other pistol is like that.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Same here man.
I carry a 2.0 with the 3.6" bbl and think it's the bees knees but I still can't stop shooting my G26 and G19 almost every range trip and I yearn badly for a G45.
I can t quite seen to figure out if having both Glock and S&W is redundant or more akin to owning two different styles or brands of 1911's.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glocks rule.

The perfect blend of reliability, utility, affordable. I also enjoy my Berettas, HK, Sigs, etc. But every time I go hit the range with the German Tupperware I just wonder why I own anything else.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with you other guys.

I've got quite a few different brands of pistols that I enjoy, but when it comes down to putting something in the holster to carry it's almost always a Glock.

We went up to the Ludlow area of Vermont a few weeks ago to do some work on the cabin that our friends family owns. I packed up the Springfield XDS 40 cal for the trip, but right before we left I swapped it out for my Glock 27. Not really sure why because I really like that XDS but the Glock is just a workhorse.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I carry a 2.0 with the 3.6" bbl and think it's the bees knees but I still can't stop shooting my G26 and G19 almost every range trip and I yearn badly for a G45.
S&W almost got me when you could get a 2.0 compact for under $400. Then I looked at the magazine prices and realized the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
S&W almost got me when you could get a 2.0 compact for under $400. Then I looked at the magazine prices and realized the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

I bought a bunch of extra mags from grab a gun for $25 each. They are pretty affordable.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else have this issue? I don’t find them “cool looking” or anything. I think it’s just something about the simplicity that appreciate/dig. It’s weird.

Yeah, I'm with ya. The M&P 2.0s fit and feel terrific, Shields too. It's like I was the hand model for that line.
But I really respect the Glock platform. Something about the easy takedown, no nonsense design, utter reliability, and somewhat cheap mags. But all I can handle, literally, is the 42 and 43. Everything else feels like a brick.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I have six Glocks, including a 43. My EDC is the Shield 45. I shoot all Glocks slightly to the left, every damn one of them. Anything else, dead center. I just like the stupid things, even have the G45 in an online shopping cart to buy after Christmas.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be going in the opposite direction in my upcoming visits to the range to do some comparison grip consistency / ergonomic testing during some 200 to 300 round sessions. I agree that the M&P 2.0, Walther, and Glocks, especially the Gen5s are great guns that perform extremely well, but I find myself now wanting to gravitate to the metal frame guns for upcoming range visits to see how they feel and handle after dedicating the last several months primarily to the poly guns except for one or two occasions. A 9mm Shield M2.0 and a G42 will still be a regular part of my carry rotation regardless though.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’m down to four Glocks. One of them is issued. Once I retire, I may never pick one up again.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post