SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Assembly fun with the CZ 75 b
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assembly fun with the CZ 75 b Login/Join 
Banned
posted
In trying to fit a new backup barrel to my 75 b I'm managed to dislodge the ambi trigger. Well how tough can it be there has got to be a couple you tube videos and maybe an AGI DVD right?

Well yes there is a DVD and it is outdated and also 39 bucks plus shipping from midway USA. There are some you tube videos too but production values often leave much to be desired. There is always one or two of the oops I did that wrong sequences and the ever wonderful "just wiggle it until it goes in" I am admittedly spatially retarded and need to see something several times to "get it" and then there is the issue of the fat fingers and the 65 year old eyes and such. Anyway, a little further every time I watch the videos and now know I need something with a finer yet stronger point on it to move the plungers while holding spring loaded parts with my nose two hands and with a flashlight in my teeth. Have had variable luck with gunsmiths in the area. My go to guy moved of course and his successor(s) abused one of my brownings horribly. I am thinking of starting up an Angie's list but for gunsmiths. I just know that someone with CZ knowledge will look at my mostly assembled 75 b laugh, make me wait two weeks, spend 15 minutes tops finishing it and charging me 100 bucks or so. And maybe that is the smart choice. I have a line on a recommendation close by. Anyone else have a smith in the Redmond WA area they can recommend (just in case). I guess that they put all of those parts in for a reason and one shouldn't have any left over huh?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Ambi trigger? This covers the ambi safety.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
The 75 can be a little tricky. I'm assuming you meant the ambi safety? It can help to remove the mainspring first as that relieves the pressure on the hammer/disconnector assembly, which in turn relieves pressure on the bottom of the sear cage, and that's what makes lining everything up so tough.

I can say that removing the mainspring makes it easier because I was messing with my SP01 last night in fact and was too lazy to remove the mainspring. Ended up taking 10-15mins just to get the safety selector back in lol

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qXj8EJfUt-0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Yep that on has been the most helpful

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bmo:
The 75 can be a little tricky. I'm assuming you meant the ambi safety? It can help to remove the mainspring first as that relieves the pressure on the hammer/disconnector assembly, which in turn relieves pressure on the bottom of the sear cage, and that's what makes lining everything up so tough.

I can say that removing the mainspring makes it easier because I was messing with my SP01 last night in fact and was too lazy to remove the mainspring. Ended up taking 10-15mins just to get the safety selector back in lol

Yeah see those fat finger will be the death of me. The ambi safety it is. The guy in the video above used the point of a school compass and I can see why.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qXj8EJfUt-0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Ambi safety is correct Is exactly the same gun in the video as I have -- the satin stainless with the ambi safety. I did swap out the sights and got some VZ grips for it.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I have found this to be the definitive thread on the internet for CZ "how to"... it covers just about everything. It should be packaged up and sold as a shop manual.

http://forums.brianenos.com/to...ith-professor-atlas/

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
If you have a de-cocker model, it's even funner!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
I have found this to be the definitive thread on the internet for CZ "how to"... it covers just about everything. It should be packaged up and sold as a shop manual.

http://forums.brianenos.com/to...ith-professor-atlas/

Perfect thanks very much indeed. It does seem that some video combined with good hi res still pictures makes a huge difference. We shall see.

Maybe I need to get some Mountain Dew on boards

Banned
posted Hide Post
update discretion the better part of valor or something anyway determined the problem with the sear springs ordered new ones and took the beast down to a recommended gun shop gunsmith. Yes in a gallon ziplock bag. parts too small eyesight just not good enough tired of chasing small springs and parts. will get it in a couple days and then have them finish refitting the barrel that leqd to all of this. sheesh.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markstempski:
update discretion the better part of valor or something anyway determined the problem with the sear springs ordered new ones and took the beast down to a recommended gun shop gunsmith. Yes in a gallon ziplock bag. parts too small eyesight just not good enough tired of chasing small springs and parts. will get it in a couple days and then have them finish refitting the barrel that lead to all of this. sheesh.