SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Robert Burke- The Sig Armorer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Burke- The Sig Armorer Login/Join 
posted
I had the distinct honor to meet him today at his his shop to drop off my " new to me" 2005 P226.

Work to be done: DAK to DA/SA conversion, SRT install, and bead blasting the stainless slide.

I just got reading a whole lot of awesome stuff about how good his work is.

Cant wait to get it back and try it out.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have experienced Robert's craftsmanship. It is quite impressive IMO. I have had many carry action jobs among other things and am always amazed how much better everything works once he gets done with it. He even took care of the warranty replacement of the striker in my first P365 while he was doing the action job. And he is a great guy to deal with.

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An action job on a P365?

How did it turn out?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
For SIG action work, I go with Burke and no one else. Worth every penny.

Q

Posts: 26199 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
An action job on a P365?

How did it turn out?

Lighter and much smoother trigger pull. I shoot more accurately with it since the work. He obviously polished up the feed ramp. I don't know the specific parts he worked on. I have always been afraid of doing any trigger work myself. Just don't know enough about what I am doing to trust my work. I have had zero mechanical failures on any pistols he has worked on. No failure to extract, no failure to feed, nothing, they just work Smile

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert has worked on a p239 dak and some of my USP's. Excellent work

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... one more, always excellent, prompt, professional ... and friendly.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Burke is top notch

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Half dozen of my guns have graced his shop mostly for high quality action work; 224, 220, 220 Carry, & 938. He also did action, light bead blast, etc. on my DW Valor, and he did a DW PM-9 custom job with a Caspian 6" Long Slide. That gun is simply amazing to shoot.

We are very fortunate to have so many superb 'smiths hanging around this forum.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
All of the above, plus he's a really good guy.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've sung his praises several times here, always first rate work. He recently went through my 220 in 10mm. What a pleasure now compared to factory!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Burke took my re-hab and recycled P226 and made it great. He even managed to talk me into spending more money on the project. Worth every penny!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16001 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Thanks to 12131 I have had the pleasure of experiencing RB's work.

Perfection.

(Thanks Q!!)

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Robert is one of those genuinely nice people. He is a real pleasure to deal with, and his short turnaround time is a nice bonus. He has done three action jobs (plus other miscellaneous work) for 3 of my SIGs. I sent him a P938, a P220-45 Stainless Elite (DA/SA), and a P220-10mm (SAO). All three were excellent jobs. The 10mm I had sent to him directly from Osage before coming to me (saves one leg of shipping costs). I also recently bought a vintage (1985), mint P230 from a member here and had it go directly to Robert. He evaluated it and would not do any action work because he said he could not improve it, it was so good already (and of course he was correct, once I finally got it). He did test it for me with 50 XTP hollow points, and it was (and still is) flawless with that round. Robert is a big positive goto for SIG action work. I put him in the same category as Don Williams for 1911s (except for the different turnaround times Smile).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

What did he do and was it worth it?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
He has done all my SIG work. No reservations. The QRT is simply amazing btw...

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:

What did he do and was it worth it?

The P239 dak got a carry level action job. The USP's carry level trigger job. Yes it is worth it. I'm going to try the Qrt next time on my P220 ST.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he has a sideline in the S&W Plastic M&P. Has he worked on yours?
Mr Burwell is hard to get in touch with and does not fool with the 2.0 anyhow.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Furthermore, Robert’s customer communications are prompt and to the point.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8849 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You cant beak Robert as a person or as an armorer. I think my P365 is the only Sig I have that he hasn't done work on.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post