SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938 & P238 optic mount service.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 & P238 optic mount service. Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does having an optic mounted on a 238 affect reliability? I wonder if the anemic .380 and the added weight on the already short and light slide contributes to malfunctions at all. Any issues that you’ve found? I’d like to get this done for my wife’s 238 if it doesn’t cause reliability issues.

Posts: 630 | Registered: September 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P238 and would like to see how the mount is on the slide. Also as someone else asked, how is the extra mass affect it ? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I have a P238 and would like to see how the mount is on the slide. Also as someone else asked, how is the extra mass affect it ? God Bless Smile

We completely mill the back of the slide and mill tap the center holes for the mounting plate. We've not had any issues with cycling with good quality factory loaded ammunition. If you're shooting powderpuff loads you may run into issues, but we've been milling these for 3 years now and haven't had issues reported.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post