SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 commercial front sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 commercial front sight Login/Join 
posted
Folks, I just picked up this pistol over the weekend, it's the last one on display.
I noticed a gap between the front sight and slide.
It doesn't really look as worse than the pictures.

Are these common on these M17s?

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Can’t remember if mine is that pronounced (I’ll have to look later when I get a chance), but yep it’s pretty common. Look up some m17 pics online and they all show it to a degree or two. Heck I’ve seen a lot of Sigs that way for years now. Kind of a lack of attention to detail on Sig, but it doesn’t seem to be a problem other than a mild cosmetic annoyance.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
People probably complained that tight fitting sights marred the slide finish. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought of that too, marring the slide during installation for tight fitting sights, but a fitting that's just about right won't do that. The other sig I have is a 226 navy and I don't see daylight on the gap. Or since this is the same issued M17 production line, these won't like happen on commercial ones.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post