SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger, what took you so long? - Redhawk 8-shot .357 magnum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger, what took you so long? - Redhawk 8-shot .357 magnum Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Make that a 3 inch too.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger is killing it. I am very impressed with what they are bringing to market.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I may have to sell my GP100 to get one of these!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Even better......

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Not 8-shot, is it?

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Not 8-shot, is it?

Indeed it is, mode# 5059

https://ruger.com/products/red...specSheets/5059.html

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Dayum! Sweet! Obviously, I've been out of the Ruger loop.

Q

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Your loads would be limited only by your brass with this beastie... I hope it has the added effect of the market being flooded with used redhawk .44's.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This forums gets expensive after awhile Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... The Underwood 125gr load in .357 is 1700 FPS. That's RedHawk territory.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Not 8-shot, is it?

Indeed it is, mode# 5059

https://ruger.com/products/red...specSheets/5059.html

I always wanted a 5" barrel revolver because I was a big fan of gun writer Skeeter Skelton, but 4.2" might be close enough, especially with 8 rounds. Or was that Bill Jordan whose ideal revolver was one with a 5" barrel.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own the 5.5 inch version. 8 shots. I recommend the 4.2. The 5.5 is one heavy SOB. it’s unwieldy. I really wish they had them in person when I bought so that I could have handled it first. Also, the front sight is dovetailed, it doesn’t have the plunger that I expected. It is also very challenging to find front sight posts because the Orange ramp, ala a 1980’s Smith, isn’t very good.

I need to resting this, find some moonclips, and get a good front sight post.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yeah they're impressive. We've sold a few of the 2.75" 8-rd 357s and the lone 4.2" I brought in within the past few months; definitely carries on that tough, tanklike reputation that Ruger have become known for.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I own the 5.5 inch version. 8 shots. I recommend the 4.2. The 5.5 is one heavy SOB. it’s unwieldy. I really wish they had them in person when I bought so that I could have handled it first.
I could not agree more!

Have a 5 1/2" Redhawk in 41 Mag I bought back in the 1980s for deer hunting. It is too heavy & too unwieldy for my taste even for hunting. Perhaps in the 2.75" round butt but after that much rather have a GP100 or 686 in 7 shot.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
49 ounces Eek

That's a HUGE bitch!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post