SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Full Size P320: Standard Large Full Size Grip Module vs. X Grip Module?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Full Size P320: Standard Large Full Size Grip Module vs. X Grip Module? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
So I've got a 320F with the medium grip module. It isn't bad, but I'd like a grip module that fills in the area at the bottom of my palm a little better.

(FWIW, I'm not really a 1911 guy, but a 1911 with an arched mainspring housing works worlds better for me than one with a flat mainspring housing.)

For those who've tried a P320 with both the X and the large standard grip modules: how do they compare in terms of the way that they fill the shooter's hand?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I've changed out to the Xgrip on all my 320s. The large grip felt too big circumferentially, but the Xgrip fills the hand without being oversized. I like the medium grip better than the large, but the Xgrip the best.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Can you tell me about the lower back end of the grip?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I put one of the xCarry modules on my P320-F. I was running a Medium grip module and I think I really like the comfort and fit of the xCarry.

The slide sticks out a bit in front, but who cares.

Of course, mine is one provided by Grayguns with the laser texture and I like that too.

As for the lower back end of the grip, I would say it does "fill in" a bit better and I like the "flare" of it. YMMV of course.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That helps. That really seems to be what sticks out in my mind.

posted Hide Post
I put the x-carry grip on a full size and on one of my compacts, recently. I like the P320 as is, but I think the x frame is more ergonomic. The hand rides higher, and the relief behind the trigger guard makes the grip just a bit more comfortable. I like it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
I switched to the X modules across the board. I really like the magwell/weight.

I needed a large regular module due to my large hands, but the X feel great in hand, especially with the magwell.

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
large hands

And there's the problem I'm trying to solve.

posted Hide Post
I have big hands and use the large grip module. Hell, I even put the Hogue grip on top of the and now the grips are huge. I shot an X at a SIG day at a semi-local range. It definitely was small, I didn't have much room for my support hand. Asked the guy if they had any plans for large, he said not any time in the nearish future.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I recently acquired an X-Carry grip for my P320 Carry, and the more I use it, the more impressed I am.

They really nailed it with this module, both as far as ergonomics as well as functionality. It's fantastic. It feels better, points better, and shoots better than the standard modules.

I have large hands, but the Medium X-Carry actually works better for me than the standard Large Carry.

The only real downside is the incompatibility with the early magazine baseplates.

I really hope they come out with an X-Compact grip modules in the near future as well.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'm interested in the Full Size version at present, and the baseplate problem appears to be reasonably solveable there.

I think I'll go ahead and get one of those things and give it a try.