SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Been dreaming about a USP 45 compact for years...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been dreaming about a USP 45 compact for years... Login/Join 
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted
So naturally I bought a HK45c Roll Eyes I've been on a 45acp binge recently, and since I have a running account at my FFL(sad but true). The HK45c came with night sights and a couple of extra mags.
One range trip and about 150 rounds later...

The good: Ran Remington golden saber 230 grain jhp, Hornady American Gunner 185 grain jhp Winchester 230 grain jhp, PPU 185 grain sjhp SIG 200 grain jhp, Federal 230 grain FMJ and Winchester white box 230 grain FMJ
without a single hiccup. Soft shooting, accurate, and dead sexy.

The bad: The 'C' in HK45c stands for compact, and that is a dirty stinking lie. Shes a big bitch.

The Ugly: The double action trigger is a Jewell encrusted bastard. Perfect storm of heavy and gritty. I haven't put it on a scale but it's heavy to me and I shoot my wheel guns double action. That being said I still put up decent groups at 10 and 15 yards.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
It looks great

Congratulations

It is always good to be on the nice side of a shop, especially when used stuff comes in

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I do believe I have one of those in the stable! I have it in LEM, I love this configuration. Nice looking pistol, congrats!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love mine, and the trigger does get better with some rounds through it. Still not a match trigger, but it does improve.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine pistol...
I originally had the 45 USPC, but sold it when my HK45C showed up. Personally, I prefer the 45C over the USP. It appears thinner, rounder and more ergo to me. Yes, it is a little bulky, but all and all not bad, for an EDC with the proper belt and Hawaiian shirt.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I've had a hankering for an H&K in 45 for a few months now. Not sure if I want a USP or HK45, compact or full size yet.
All I know is 45 and LEM.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Very similar thoughts to my first HK45C.

A couple thoughts or suggestions though.

-Flat magazine floorplates make a world of difference on most HKs. I mean you are not going to end up with a Glock 36 but trust me the flat floor plate will make the gun look and feel smaller.

-For as large as the gun seems it conceals and carry’s very well. It’s melted nicely.

-ohhhh the trigger. The DA is indeed quite the ..... safety. That said I had my first 45C out to the range a week or two ago and all of a sudden the trigger started breaking in. Smoother and a tad lighter. So much so that I didn’t really notice it shooting as much as previously. So take heart.....she will break in ...... eventually and then you will have yourself just a crappy DA vs the horrendous one. Smile.

All that said my SA is very good and seriously my DA is finally breaking in and noticeably better.

Enjoy, shoot safe.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I've had a hankering for an H&K in 45 for a few months now. Not sure if I want a USP or HK45, compact or full size yet.

I think the compacts in either HK45 or USP45 are the sweet spot.
-They are big enough to shoot well and run hard.
-They carry far better
-They can easily go from a fairly easy carry gun to a 10+1 nightstand .45 or a suppressor host. They are really versatile. The full size USP gives you 2 more rounds over the compact with a 10 rounder whether or not that is significant is up to you, I think the versatility and smaller size is worth more then the 2 rounds for me personally.
-The HK45 vs HK45C is a wash on mag capacity but your real choice comes down to P2000 grip or P30 grip. Both are excellent but the P2K grip is easy to carry.

Honestly in my experience if you know what you are getting into (fighting pistols built for war with mediocre at best triggers) then you won’t be disappointed. If you are looking for a SIG trigger or are only familiar with strikers you may be disappointed.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:

Damn dude were you trying to break his shooting arm and make sure that bastard is known as lefty for the rest of his life. :P

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those choices.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted one of these, there's just something especially tacticool about them. I have a USP compact 9mm that has the lem trigger and it's a big improvement over the standard DA trigger.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Vero8:

Damn dude were you trying to break his shooting arm and make sure that bastard is known as lefty for the rest of his life. :P

---------------
Yup, that was the intent Cool Love the CUT BTW.

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun. I wonder why HK didn't make the frame the same as the vp or P series pistols, with interchangeable panels,although I am sure it would have made the grip larger.. I think that was quite clever on Hk's part.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As the story goes HK wanted to use the “Spider-Man” grip frame while Hackathorn and Vickers did not. HK did over rule on the full size HK45 but as you said making the side panels would have likely added some girth when they were really going for a comfortably sized .45.

As I understand it the 45C is very close to what Hackathorn and Vickers wanted and saw as a perfect combat pistol.

Hey VERO8 I have a couple questions.
1-Did you photoshop out the serial number/slide markings on your HK45C or are they no longer putting any markings on the slide???

2-Is the front and backstrap of your gun sort sand paper stippled or does it have a stippling made up of tiny little squiggly lines. (Amazing I never got into engineering or technical writing with such succinct and scientific terms like squiggly lines) Smile

Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
As the story goes HK wanted to use the “Spider-Man” grip frame while Hackathorn and Vickers did not. HK did over rule on the full size HK45 but as you said making the side panels would have likely added some girth when they were really going for a comfortably sized .45.

As I understand it the 45C is very close to what Hackathorn and Vickers wanted and saw as a perfect combat pistol.

Hey VERO8 I have a couple questions.
1-Did you photoshop out the serial number/slide markings on your HK45C or are they no longer putting any markings on the slide???

2-Is the front and backstrap of your gun sort sand paper stippled or does it have a stippling made up of tiny little squiggly lines. (Amazing I never got into engineering or technical writing with such succinct and scientific terms like squiggly lines) Smile

----------
No photoshop, I'm just not a very good photographer, and yes sandpaper on the front and backstraps.

posted Hide Post
My Full size V1 is listed here on the forum ‼️‼️‼️

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
As we get older we can't cut playing cards any more Wink

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post